The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Speaker Gauge pod mounting Q's

Launch

-Ive seen it before, but where to find those drivers side pod for mounting gauges? ...Ive got a 60mm Id like to setup ther, any links/sites/references/?
Thanks GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Launch

Launch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They dont seem to have any for a 60mm.....

Launch

Quoting ilnbri10:
click

"... Please Note: This item is made to order & takes 3-4 week to be built"
Think they would be able to change the design up a little, or should I start to fab my own?

Anyone wanna buy a dual-pod "A pillar" gauge mount? In perfect condition, I dont like the way it looks (gauges in their "Hey, look at me" steal me pose)

TylerAdamson

You might also want to make note of:

* Model: RSMI004FG
* 9 Units in Stock
* Manufactured by: AEROWORKS

Hopefully Garfield will chime in to confirm this as I'd like to pick one up as well.

IncorpoRatedX

I have one of those carbon fiber ones linked above, I'll trade you for the A piller pod +$20 pm me if interested.

AnotherNewb

I put a CF speaker gauge pod in 1947, they look good, however I had to cut one of the mounting studs off of the gauge, and cut the gauge hold downs to fit, and grind the back corner of the gauge so it would sit flush. Sounds like a lot of effort, but the dremel tool made short work of all of it. Looks great mounted up.

^^The difference between mine and the one above is, mine, is real CF molded, the one above, if you look closely, is Cf look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Its like getting a Greddy BOV, and a Greddy "type" BOV. Shits just not right.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting AnotherNewb:
I put a CF speaker gauge pod in 1947, they look good, however I had to cut one of the mounting studs off of the gauge, and cut the gauge hold downs to fit, and grind the back corner of the gauge so it would sit flush. Sounds like a lot of effort, but the dremel tool made short work of all of it. Looks great mounted up.

Mine is kind of like that. I had to take the speaker out to get it to fit because I didn't really want to sand fiberglass that much.

Your suppose to take the speaker out. That's the small sacrifice you make mounting the "speaker" gauge pod. Not that much cutting had to he donefor 1947/2000 in order for it to fit. More of the FG surround(OEM) that holds the speaker originally. Looks sick though. Very sleeper. The door pillar hides the gauges from side to side opponents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

SmoothCustomer

Quote:
Your suppose to take the speaker out.

What makes you say that? I assumed that since there is a circular hole cut exactly the size of the speaker, it could stay in.

AnotherNewb

The pod won't sit flush with the speaker in and the hold down studs stick out past that hole in the pod unless you cut them off.

Your going to have a mounted pod with guages in it. I thought the point of a speaker was to hear it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Am I missing something here? I'm going back and checking..........Nope! Besides, I wouldn't want the sh*t vibrated out of my guages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Launch

gauges jammin' out lol ...No speaker for me in ther, I dont need it. I Mocked up a few gauge mount setups using older 52mm(?) mounts, kinda pitched up more than that unit advertised above....Clear to see in the corner of my eyes without looking down. Id like to make a few if i have time, but right now I need something to hold my 60mm greddy 3bar, just that out in view inside of #395, i think should be fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting Launch:
:( They dont seem to have any for a 60mm.....

the current pods will fit 60 mm, the design was changed.
thanks, Paulo.

johnnyRacer

I have one of these in cf in #50. I like how easy it can be concealed when parked. I usually keep a dark colored towel inside the car with me. When I park I just cover the pod giving the illusion that its just a balled up rag in the left corner of the dash. Can't do that with an a-pillar pod.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned