The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Showcase: ECU to Arduino stand alone logger project - Now with bluetooth

swe_gvr4_1991

Hi all!

This time i want to show the power potential of the Arduino MCU.
I have hooked it up to the ECU via a RS232 board. The Arduino is sending the logger commands and polling them. Then bouncing the data to Processing that does the visual and file handling.
The project is going to be a combined PC and stand alone LCD display dash logger with SD-card logging.
Purpose of the dash logger is that you will have a visual presentation of what the ECU does on your in-car mounted LCD display.
And also have the option to connect to a laptop if needed.

At this stage i am not using a LCD display. Processing shows the graphs and saves the log.

Well here's a short video demo:

Arduino to ECU logger

Any feedback is welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Future version will also have powers to control the ECU memory and can alter data directly without the need of a laptop. In-car tuning.

Edit: Added screenshots

visual%20data%201.PNG

visual%20data%202.PNG

visual%20data%203.PNG

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

Good to hear Tektic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
As soon as x-mas eve has passed i will have a full SD-card logger setup and will post the parts needed for a in-car stand alone logging system. Hold your breath for a few more days.

In the meanwhile here's a TV out display test run. The idea is to use a small 7" display to extend the logger beyond it's restricted small LCD displays.

Enjoy:
TV out data logger

swe_gvr4_1991

Time for a update on this one.

I added a wireless feature to the logger now.
And also added logging directly to a SD card. So no need for a laptop to do logging.

Future updates will upload the data logs from the SD card directly to the laptop once it comes into range.

Anyhow here's a ugly video demo of it:
Wireless and SD card data logger

swe_gvr4_1991

Just figured out how to flash upload data to the Ostrich from a Android phone.
Here's a really geeky video of it:
click

Just a proof that it can be done.
Or let's just say, this is freaking awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Tuning stuff with a phone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned