The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Should I buy

Hey guys, I recently found a 1991 Mitsubishi Vr-4 for sale by me and it in my pricerange, after reading up on it im REALLY interested. My question is, would it be a good daily driver, I would drive it to school everyday and jsut to hang out. Cars have always been number 1 for me so if something goes wrong i am quick to fix it, but will so much be going wrong that i will waste my time? the car is a '91, it has some mods, nothing major, and the guy says the motor was rebuilt and now has 51,000 miles on it.
Thanks guys

gvr4ever

I'd want to know who rebuilt it. Seems like everyone has a rebuilt motor in a car they are selling. Unless it's close to stock, I wouldn't use it as a DD for school.

You will probably find yourself working on the car and not getting your homework done. If the mods really aren't too wild, maybe. ECU caps, t-belt, water pump, and don't mod it any more, and it might just work as a DD for you.

steve

So is this a car with a motor with 55k but a recent rebuild, a motor with 55k since a rebuild, or is there actually 55k on the chassis? And how cheap is cheap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

edit: OK you didn't say it was cheap, just that its in your pricerange. Which, on this board, I presume to mean "cheap". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

the rebuilt motor has 55k on it.
also it has a bigger turbo, but it has the supporting mods, like bigger fuel injectors, internals etc. it it okay?

prove_it

Quoting sebby18:
the rebuilt motor has 55k on it.
also it has a bigger turbo, but it has the supporting mods, like bigger fuel injectors, internals etc. it it okay?

I can say yes to make you feel better, but it doesn't work that way. Some cars have been left alone and modded right and they work great for DD. On the other hand there are cars that have been modded and have hacked up wiring, bad installs, weak set-ups, etc. Those cars need a spare car and a pit crew to keep running.

Get some pics and we can look to see if shes good or bad, but it's still hard to say. Generally speaking though these cars stock are great cars. Ten times better than a dsm.

fivestardsm

Would it be safe to assume that the seller of the car is a member here on the site? Maybe you can get more info on him and the car here if he has any post up of it. If we knew who it was, we would possibly beable to tell you more info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

gvr4ever

Quoting Hertz:
You're almost due for a timing belt/tensioner/water pump replacement.

The car is older. Might as well take care of the balance shafts too. The biggest cost seems to be missing skin from hands and maybe a little sanity.

Check the transfer case on it too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned