The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter cable brackets

G

Staff member
Something is not right. Click on the pic to make it bigger.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

More pics of the area could help me try to figure it out. I see that the line is no where near the cable, but can't really see it's route.

marvinmadman

Looks like there is another bolt hole about an inch further away to bolt the clutch line. That should fix the line from rubbing.

EMX5636

Move the clutch line over to the other bolt you mentioned. Do you still have the rubber insulators holding the cable bracket to the transmission? If not, the cable bracket will be about 1/4" closer to the engine, and could put a little more angle into the one cable.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

There's nothing 1/4" thick in there. That would put me closer. Should I leave it or find the rubbers I'm missing?

EMX5636

Factory, there are "stepped" washers with rubber glued to them to allow for a little bit of movement. You don't need them in there, and most delete them for a firmer shifter feel. I would just tweak the outer cable mount, so it points a bit more towards the arm. No more problem.

I might have put a washer behind them, but it's really not necessary.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

I moved the clutch line over. I had to tap the hole to get the bolt in it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned