The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shift linkage bearings

1990ggsxnj

OK, so a few people have done this mod. Use roller skate bearings in place of the bushings inside the shifter linkage eyelets. Does anyone know which ones these are, have sizing specs, cheap place to order, etc.?

Muskrat

Pull a bushing and measure the I.D. and O.D. of the bushing, then go to a skate store buy a bearing that's the same size.

Or you could just buy a shifter bushing kit.

JNZ makes delrin ones.

speed-source.net sells brass.

gmp

i just used some skateboard bearings there a good solid feel to the shifter. The only thing you really have to do to get them in is file the loop thing that holds the stock bushing in and then just get some "slip joint pliers" channel locks and press the bearing into the loop...
the bearings are a bit tight to get in but once in i feel like you wont ever have to replace them again.

hope that helps if you need any pic or some thing i can post some pics.

oh also if you go to any skateboard shop they usually have old ones kids left so you can get them for free or for like 2 buck or so just got ask thats the only real cost to you most the time...

GMP

1990ggsxnj

Thanks GMP, I didn't know shops kept that stuff but makes sense. Will see what the local has laying around.

gmp

no prob hope it works out for ya

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned