The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Scirocco raditator

mitsuturbo

Quoting MikeRizz:
Thanks! Do they have provisions for the temp sensor or do most people relocate it to the t-stat housing. The car has a 1g housing. I assume we will just have to get creative to mount it.

I have a scirocco radiator with a thermo switch already installed. I'd ship it to ya for 60 bucks. Never used.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Quoting prove_it:
Umm... That is a fan switch in the stock radiator, not a sensor. Put that in the thermo housing and the fans will run damn near all the time. It works, but not the best.

yeah. I tried this. Car ran too cool. It would barely get past thermostat opening temp.

Fiascoxl

Quoting BENE38A:
what is the number for this radiator? looking on summit as suggested in another post but there are no part number references. There are many options different heights etc wondering if anyone who has bought it knows the number.
click

80107N

BENE38A

Cheers mate, managed to find it from another thread the links, were all down but 80107n it was in the URL

slugsgomoo

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting prove_it:
Umm... That is a fan switch in the stock radiator, not a sensor. Put that in the thermo housing and the fans will run damn near all the time. It works, but not the best.

yeah. I tried this. Car ran too cool. It would barely get past thermostat opening temp.

when I logged it a very long time ago with a stock metal radiator, coolant temp at the neck hit 205*F before the switch kicked the fan on, and would drop back down into the mid 180's. I'm guessing that the switch is probably set for a much lower temperature due to the fact that the radiator is not nearly 205* when the neck hits that.

My preference would definitely be for an ecu control so I could fine tune it a bit.

biglady112

Or run a switch like we do in all our cars. Too many times the factory stuff just does not work. Like way too many times.

I checked the radiator here and I can see all the sides but the bottom and I do not see a part number. All I see is an afco racing sticker.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned