The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rusted fuel sending unit.. need some advice on removing nuts.

8d404f86.jpg

Well I have been able to remove 3 of the nuts, however the rest are falling apart before I can even get any torque on them.. I have been soaking them in PB Blaster though I think this not helping much because the nuts are rotted.

Are there any special tools that would be recommended?

Also would either of these work well with the GVR4 in place of the of the rotted sending unit cover?

STM
full_blown_dual_pump_hanger_1g_dsm.jpg

RTM
RTMFuelSendUnit.jpg

Thanks.

I got em off with this..
IMG_01251.jpg

Though the metal hose cracked when I attempted to loosen it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif ..
So I will still need another sending unit.

Yao

yikes that is just bad!! I would power wash it then soak it with PB blaster for couple of days.

dewman

Seems there was a member on here recently that sent his fuel sending unit off somewhere and they were able to clean it up and it looked brand new afterwords...BobDole maybe?

OZRally

I modified a 1g awd fuel sending unit to work. Just have to trim the hanger that holds the pump by 1.5" and switch the float bowl over. Haven't had any problems.

bobdole

I will have to look up the place again. Here are before and after pics. They did a great job.

Before.

After.

GSX_TC

Quoting Yao:
yikes that is just bad!! I would power wash it then soak it with PB blaster for couple of days.

I agree with what Yao, that PB is good stuff for getting bolts loose man

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I did one car with Kroil, over and over again for weeks, The nuts came right off. Second car, not so lucky. Broke two of them. Should have been more patient or cut them off carefully.

bobdole

Quoting creeping_death:
I think this is it Bob click

Yep thats tome. Great service.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned