The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running Wires through the firewall

I have a few wires that are running through the firewall for items like the fuel pump rewire, alarm, etc. They are all running through the speedometer cable grommet.

That area is starting to get a little tight. In my search, I noticed that you can also run your wires behind the glovebox through a large grommet if you remove the spare tire.

I was wondering if there are any other grommet locations before I go that route. I personally didn't notice any.

Thanks!

steve

Where on earth is your spare tire mounted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Do you mean through the wheel well?

hahahaahaha...I could always lie and say that I have a spare on my passenger side...or even edit the post....but I would rather just laugh along with you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I meant the passenger tire.

I really need some sleep!

steve

This is what you're looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

Spare tire in the glove box.......passenger side tire......hahahah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Holy sh*t thats hilarious. I'd say you need sleep bad.

boostedinaz

Quoting steveGLS:
This is what you're looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

I did the power wire for my stereo through this area and it was a super easy and ended up being nice and clean.

steve

Me too.

Well I will just go that route when I have some time. After all it is just a SPARE TIRE ehhhhhh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Many thanks everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned