The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Recommended Spring Rates

I am making some custom sleeve type coilovers and i was wondering what would be a good spring rate for a streetable ride.

From memory that seems to be the best setup for our cars. Any higher or lower rates are going to be too soft or too hard. Suspension is suggestive though. What might 'feel good' to one person may not 'feel good' to another.

Olson

Also you should match spring rates to the valveing of yoru struts/shocks

belize1334

I have 300/225 and it feels quite rough but I attribute that mostly to my LOUSY KYB AGXs and to possibly warn OEM front upper mounts. I'll be putting in some retrofitted BMW bilsteins (courtesy of Nate Crisman) soon and hopefully some camber plates and I'm expecting the ride to improve greatly. I'd say that with better shocks my setup is probably on the stiff side of streetable but not over the top. It all depends on who your girlfriend is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
I'm have 350 lbs front and 250 lbs. rear with agxs front n rear.

What's your impression on this setup?

Whoodoo

stock evo 8/9 springs are 180f/225r according to evolutionm.net. This setup has been praised numerous times for its excellent streetability.

496of2000

for the street. i adjust the agxs 1 for the fronts and 2 for the rear. the wife n kid don't complain. 2 ft n 4 rear for a stiffer ride. i also have whiteline stb ft n rear and anti-sway bars

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting 496of2000:
I'm have 350 lbs front and 250 lbs. rear with agxs front n rear.

If I remember correctly, this is the Ground Control recommendation or maybe 350/275.

I would not suggest using the reversed ratings like the Evo unless you are using Evo dampers to match.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned