The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rebirth of #1759

blackvr4

Hey man first off sick effin build! I love the dual fuel rail set up looks badass! But isn't that a little over kill for that turbo? My friend is running a gt42 on pump at 35psi on a single fuel rail 1550injector laser. Regardless the build looks sick!

Adorsey

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif very natural looking. wicked sick.

throughfaith323

Looking good man! I might be checking it out Saturday if I don't go snowboarding.

Quoting blackvr4:
Hey man first off sick effin build! I love the dual fuel rail set up looks badass! But isn't that a little over kill for that turbo? My friend is running a gt42 on pump at 35psi on a single fuel rail 1550injector laser. Regardless the build looks sick!

I'm pretty sure one fuel rail is for race gas and the other is for pump gas.

I believe that's what he told me but it might say it in the beginning of this thread if you want to check before he gets back on here.

G

Staff member
Looking real nice! You should do something about that exhaust mani coating while it's easy to get on & off. If that's the coating I think it is, it's going to flake off after only a few miles of driving & isn't going to control heat whatsoever. I would hate to see you have to rip it all apart after it's done to re coat it. Otherwise can't wait to see it run! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

throughfaith323

^^ what coating do you mean? just wondering so i never do it lol.

he had that one ceramic coated by bonehead

G

Staff member
Bonehead? Yes then definitely get a proper coating asap! Did you miss where I typed "exhaust mani" ? ^^

throughfaith323

i saw where you said exhaust mani. i was wondering what you meant by the type of coating you think it is.

what type of coating do you suggest? or do you suggest ceramic just somewhere else?

G

Staff member
You want this one >> click

dustyduff

It's been quite a while since I posted about the progress of #1759.

A lot of things have been accomplished since the last update, but mainly in my personal life. Got married and expecting my first child in October.

The car has been progressing, but I haven't had much time to post or update the thread. Not too many pictures to share as of yet, but the car is running and is currently at the paint shop (should be done by Mid Sept I hope).

Below are some pics of the recirculated wastegate that my friend fabbed up:

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

Since the last update, I've mainly been accumulating parts for when the car comes back from the paint shop. Expect a lot more pictures once the car returns. I picked up a JDM front bumper, rear bumper, fuel door for the car and a Boostx lip, which are all being painted along with the car. As soon as the car comes back from paint, I'll get started on putting the EVO VIII interior and detailing the living hell out of the car.

It's a shame, because I can't seem to locate the pics of the fuel cell install and the video of the car running before taking it to paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

After interior, the only things to address are the suspension and brakes. I have a set of Hotbits DT1's that I picked up from "theKID", but I need to source a set of Tein Camber plates. I also have a set of 3000GT calipers that I need to send out for powdercoating and pick up the rotors. Besides that, the car should be done by the end of the year, just in time to slumber in the garage over winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

dustyduff

Still waiting on the car to come back from paint, but here's a teaser pic of the car in the paint shop. I can't wait to get it back and start getting the interior together. The paint shop is definitely taking their time with the car, but hopefully it comes back perfect like I'm expecting.

More to follow in the next week or two.

mantua NJ?!!? damn bro your like 5 minutes from me. i lived in deptford. but am now in gloucester city. i work at mr tire on rt 45 next to the super wawa. my car isnt as clean as yours but its almost always parked out back (i work like a slave to pay for my house)

dustyduff

Rich, I remember you. I used to be on sjdsm. I also used to live on Carnegie ave in Oak Valley years ago and knew your brother and sister.

It's funny you mention that you work at the Mr. Tire, because I saw your car in the parking lot and wondered if the owner was on here.

wait.... is this mike? wow i remember you you live near brown chiropractic? small effing world.

any updates on this? ive bene looking for it heading down the road but i dont see it at your house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif also. where did you get that rear torque mount at?

dustyduff

Still waiting for the car to return from the paint shop. I actually moved from Woodbury to Mantua, so the house is different then the one you probably remember.

I'll shoot you a pm with my cell number. I might have what you need for the Clutch pedal assembly from my old talon project.

dustyduff

Car is finally back from paint!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only a teaser for now, but I'll be posting updated pics next weekend after I have a chance to button up a few things with my buddy.

Hotbits Coilovers
3kgt brakes
Evo rims
Evo 8 interior
Curtiso Fab JDM foglights
JDM corners
93 headlights
and on and on.

The more I think about it, I have quite a bit of things left to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The shop is still working on the front bumper and Boostx lip. At least the body is now straight as an arrow and they even added a few coats of clear to the CF hood since it was fading. Once she's running, I'll get some nice shots outside in the sunlight.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned