The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Seat Pockets?

TylerAdamson

Tonight I had the interior out of the Galant to run some wires and give her a good thorough cleansing. This is the first time I noticed the 4 pockets in the seat back. Initially I thought the belt receivers were supposed to be routed through these, but upon closer inspection, they're sealed up. Does anyone know what purpose they serve?

DSMGVR4

I always thought they were to tuck in the buckles when not actively being used. Sorta like keeping the rear seats neat. I could be wrong. Stick em in while I vacuum the seats.

citymunky

w20z29.jpg
1zchmdy.jpg

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yep, they are for buckle tuckin'.

KiNgMaRtY

Back when I had 611, I was actually able to get the belts to go in from behind and out through the front of the pockets. They actually do go all the way through but its very snug. I remember one just barely getting through and it being too easy to be pushed back in.

prove_it

They are there so you can tuck in the belts. That way they don't make noise when pulling 1G corners and 10 sec passes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned