The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear 4 bolt diff help

l8apixvw

need a little help here. I recntly installed a viscous 4 bolt lsd diff and axles into my galant vr4, retaing my 4ws. my question is , that my left axle wont ggo in all the way. I think i put them in the correct side, but im not sure. longer stepped axle end is on the drivers side , and the short stubby shaft in on the passenger side. I place them in this position because the three bolt axles were in this position. my other question is , what year did these diffs come equipped in the eclipse . because i need a boot for one of the iners that has a small tear in it. sorry about my previous post it was late , and i was a bit crazed when i posted it after i read it, i thought to myself wtf was i thinking

The four bolt rear ends came in 93 and 94 TEL's. As for your axle problem, I also think you have them in the correct side, but its been awhile since I have had a set out. I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know, but in the mean time I would just pull the eight bolts and flop the axles and see if that fixes your problem. I'm pretty sure that the 3 bolt open diff axles are the same length on each side, but again, I might be wrong.

It sounds like you are trying to use a stock GVR-4 non-LSD axle, which is slightly longer.

l8apixvw

ok. i got it sorted out ! they were in the wrong side !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif and if any one is wondering ,it was super easy to sawp the 4 bolt lsd into the three bolt 4ws housing . 4ws , lsd i love this car more and more

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned