The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator swirl tank

curtis

Well heard of these and seen them on old school hot rods but had never built one. Friend is mounting a new radiator in his car and the top of the radiator is about 4 inches below the top of the deck on the block. He already had a bad problem with air pockets forming so this was a have to build. Not done yet and still in the rough stage but I used a garden hose and oh my god does it swirl the fluid. The way these work is that has the water boils in the head etc it forms air pockets so by running the coolant in and out of these all the air goes to the middle and out the cap into the overflow where it draws coolant back in so your system is always de-arieated and no chance of air pockets in the head for hot spots etc. I'll try and get a go pro video of it tomorrow in action with the hose and after the new radiator core is done in the car working.

With no cap or bottom elbow I could pass a broom handle down through the middle without getting wet as the water hose was running. I'm sure theres formulas to use but we were space and parts limited so I winged it. Core is a kidde fire extinguisher cut to size and 1 1/4 tubes are from a 93 Lincoln Mark Viii intake manifold.....Try to source 1 1/4 elbows and bends of various length or a cylinder with a hemispherical end.....not easy.

Just thought I'd share

prove_it

Then there is Curtis, always up to something wicked.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned