The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator Fan harness

Well I had a problem with my radiator fan harness and decided to heat shrink and solder the wires
for reliabilty. All is great except I forgot to think a bit ahead for the next time I have to remove the radiator.

What an added hassle it will be then. I was pinched for time and didn't get another connector from the junkyard.
In a way I didn't really want a used part that would give me the same trouble again.

Any ideas on what connector I can rig up myself or if the parts (male and female) are even available from the stealer? I want to do this before the next panic.

Thanks!

Does the fan come apart independently and easily from the radiator without pulling the radiator?

Maybe I could remove the fan and lay it on the motor when I need to remove the radiator (if the wires are longe enough)?

If the stock electrical connector is in such bad shape just get rid of it and wire in new space

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the resistor is bad in this case. Thanks for the pointers. I'll grab a harness next time I am a the junkyard.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned