The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Questions about turbo

I just picked up an evo8 16g twin scroll. After getting it I searched and saw that it wasn't compatible with the gvr4. I also saw that broxma* was working on a way to fit the turbo onto our cars. A question that I didn't see is if the exhaust housing could just be change so that the evo 8 turbo would be the same as the evo 3 turbo. I'm not that experienced with turbos and I'm trying to learn it all without bothering you guys and using the search function but I can't find an answer to this. Thank you guys in advance.

The_Big_Weave

You can do it if you get a maf translator, evo 8 manifold and downpipe, and intercooler to fit. In the end it is not even worth the effort. Just get a 20g.

Well, I have the evo 8 manifold, a gm maf translator, and an evo 8 intercooler. So are you saying to finish it up all I will need is a custom down pipe?

The_Big_Weave

The reason you need a maf translator is to have the cold side of the turbo face the alt. If you can fit a fit a filter on it. I say try it and post up some pics.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned