The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on 629 **Wrapping this thread up with pics!**

SleepinGVR4

Actually I did Nate. I put another sunroof in it. Water on the floor under the drivers seat was caused by the windshield leaking. So I removed it, stripped all the sealant off and POR 15'd it. The water on the floor in the back was a combo of the windshield and sunroof.

The whole starting problem, believe it or not I think it was a loose connection on the back of the key cylinder. I saw a real long screw about ready to fall out one night drinkin beers in the garage with Chris (BoostedAWD91). The plug was about to fall out too. But I discovered this AFTER I had replaced the entire engine wiring harness. 992 never had starting problems so I used that one. The only thing I have left to do really is have the dent fixed in the back so water doesn't leakin into the trunk anymore.

Nate

Yeah, I can't comment on the problem with it not starting, that never happened when I owned it. When I sold it (3-4 owners before you) everything in the car worked well, down to the AC blowing ice cold, and it didn't even leak anything at that point. It was the kid who owned it after me that beat the life out of it. It went from being used to being used up in a matter of months.

Glad to see it'll live on. How many miles are on that chassis now? 280K+?

thecman02

That's wonderful. I'd love to have my car stripped down that far.

SleepinGVR4

Ahhh Chris you ********, I wasn't goin to post anything until I had the other bumper on and the interior done.

Its running but its creeping bad dude to where the boost controller is hooked up. It will be fixed soon.

Stay tuned for video and pics.

OMG if you click on the pic and can see me giving Chris the finger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

And "Stay Tuned" is a good name for a garage. I'm getting a copyright on that bitch. So none of you nut swingers better take it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

SleepinGVR4

Ok so I just went on vacation in SC, drove the car all the way down and back with out any problems. I was in Port Royal, Beaufort that area. I forgot my camera and then my buddies took a sh*t so i'll post what I have.

Hill made me feel bad for not posting.

Huge thanks to Hill (1941Galant), Chris (BoostedTT91), and Curtis for all their help. Curtis was nice enough to do my VC, hotside of my intercooler piping, and my gauge bezel.

Whats wrong with this pic? And no the car is not running.

Yeah I know there is a barb connecting two vacuum lines and the clear hose is not a good idea for the VC to catch can lines. Its all temporary.

Oh and I also want to thank Nate for the info on the previous owners.

14u2nV

Where did these two bushings come from, I need them.
img.php

324vr4

DAAAAAAMN!! Your engine bay looks like a robot from hell (great looking)! I like what you have accomplished! THUMBS UP!!!!

SleepinGVR4

Quoting HHIVR4:
Looks great..I live 20 minutes from Beaufort in HHI LOL.To this day I dont think Ive met another GVR4.org member in person.

Damn! I wish I would of known that, you could of came out and had some beers with us. I'll probably make another trip this summer. I'll let you know.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting 14u2nV:
Where did these two bushings come from, I need them.
img.php

Believe it or not when I bought the car they came with it. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts