The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prices of JDM parts?

89Patches

Ok so right now I am looking to get a 91 GVR4 Evolution model doesn't have motor or trans but the rest of the car is complete and has 90,000Km on the body and is rust free.

The parts I would take would be:

- Front & Rear bumpers
- Hood
- Front doors

I know the bumpers and hood are whats worth the most money, But what else is worth money on a JDM VR4?
I am just feeling this out right now as I would like to make back as much money as possible, As I never planned to do any bumper swaps/repaint this year for my Vr4.

Reason I am asking is because I can get the car for $2500. Which seems like a good deal to me. But If I can make back at least 1k in parts I'll probably grab it.

I hope you guys don't flame me for asking this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif. Whats your opinions??

Oh and sorry if I didn't post this in the right section. I don't know where it belongs.

GSTwithPSI

In general, I've seen bumpers go anywhere from $250-$600 depending on condition and type. Also, you'll fetch more if the front bumper includes fog lights and such. The type of bumper and condition are probably the most important factors when deciphering price.

Hoods are the same way, although the RS hood is really the only version I've seen for sale here. $400 give or take for a decent hood, more if it's in mint condition.

The problem most people have with pricing is shipping. Typically, none of these items can be shipped for under a few hundred dollars, and run a large chance of being damaged during shipping.

Check out this thread click, and look on Ebay. You can gauge price based on the items found currently for sale on the web.

To give you an idea, this bumper sold for a good amount. It was rare, complete, and included all the goodies click . The best thing you could do is post up some pics of what you have, and go from there.

Last edited:

89Patches

Turbowop: Reason is I wouldn't be able to get it insured, Well not without paying like $700 a month for insurance and being under 25 even makes it harder. That's why when they do come up for sale there really cheap.

Last edited:

turbowop

Ah, I see. Between the hood and bumpers, you have about $1300-1400 worth of parts or so for yourself. Not sure on the doors, but I'm sure you have some reason for wanting to swap them out. You would have to be able to make money on all the rest of the stuff, but other than a few things like manual belts, or the carpet if it's in decent shape, they aren't big selling items like JDM parts. Maybe the rear window/wiper if that's there as well.

I feel like if you just want some JDM parts it would almost be easier just to purchase those specific parts. Rather than spend a bunch on a shell, take the parts you want (the most highly sought after stuff), and try to make money back on the harder to sell items.

89Patches

That's what I figured if I take the bumpers and hood the rest will be a hard sell. In a way it's suck that I am in Canada as there is probably 5 people in to these cars.

I am trying to convince the seller to partout but he doesn't seem to interested for some reason. And he actually wants $1750 for it but I have to ship it and that's another $750 on my end. But maybe it's not worth my time.

Near the end of the year I want to get my VR4 repainted but would rather have it painted with the JDM bumpers etc.

LIV4PSI

I paid $800 for my front bumper with projectors fogs and brackets, and $450 for the rear bumper.

coyotes

you could part it out and make your money back. Make a profit? Doubt it.

does it come with the jdm intercooler and piping, if no engine? I could possibly buy some things, but not for their JDM-tyteness

tektic

There's no engine trans hood bumper... And you want to spend how much?

My ggsx is not in the best shape when I bought it but I drove it home, and it only cost me $500.

Edit: It's one thing if you have your heart set on a full restoration on this car no matter the cost and you think this is the frame you want to do it to. But if you just want a Galant to drive I think your going to end up spending north of 10k by the time your able to drive it. I know my cars not close to done but drivable and I'm coming in around 7k.

Last edited:

fuel

does it have the stock IC and piping? That would be worth something for sure - a bolt on factory larger IC kit good for 300ish hp I would think. Brakes are the same as USDM, rear end will be 4-bolt 3.909 viscous LSD assuming it's an E39A Evolution rather than an E38A Evolution RS.

89Patches

Just thought I'd add I will be picking up this VR4!!!

So look for a partout coming soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jesus_Negros

PM GSX_TC. I recall him wanting some JDM glass or something.

89Patches

Got another question.

That rear window visor thing (On Mike's car)what do they sell for? I know they're kinda rare.

Any info would be great!

raptorWagon

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I paid $800 for my front bumper with projectors fogs and brackets, and $450 for the rear bumper.

sorry gotta laugh at that craig lol. Really $800?? I got mine $400 shipped with projector fogs shipped from FL to WA.

mitsuturbo

As for bumpers? Seems like these days if you can find front and rear for $1000-$1100 you're doing pretty good. Especially if they're already a color that matches your car. The few i've seen on ebay as of late have sold for about what was posted above. $800ish shipped for front, and 400ish shipped for rear. Most of them don't look all that great and need a good bit of attention as well. There's a rear on ebay right now and it's priced at 550 shipped. Not exactly a bargain by any stretch.

It seems to be increasingly difficult to find a decent JDM hood (with vents of course), and one in good shape on ebay tends to go for over $500 shipped.

It's been established that JDM headlights aren't all that, so they're not really worth looking into for most of us. Still i think they can be had for 125-225 a set. Amber corners can be had for between 60-100 most of the time (although why anybody wants these is a mystery to me as i find them hideous).

There's a guy selling a rear wiper and window for $1500 on here, but he's never going to sell it for more than $400 at best, IMO.

I can't really think of any more JDM specific parts that anybody seeks for these cars. Did i forget anything?

LIV4PSI

Quoting raptorreed:

sorry gotta laugh at that craig lol. Really $800?? I got mine $400 shipped with projector fogs shipped from FL to WA.

I don't see why it's funny. For starters, you couldn't find another bumper with fogs for that price if your life depended on it. A RS front bumper is worth $450, $200 for projectors fogs, $50 for mounting brackets and $100 for shipping from Malaysia.

Go make fun of Alpha Male. I sold him the first one I bought for the same price, and it isn't an RS version and my fogs are nicer. Plus he had to drive 4 hours to meet me.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Apparently you haven't seen what the malaysians are asking for shipping charges lately.

Ebay auctions based out of Malaysia have shipping charges upwards of 300 in many cases.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned