The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power steering switch.

gvr4ever

Okay, I think I have everything working properly on my car except one thing. The PS switch doesn't kick on. I've hooked up a logger and the button is just solid. The cable did come undone at some time. I've put it back, but I wonder if it's tight enough or something. I've traced the wire back to the alt. I was thinking of soldering it on.... Not sure.

Anyone else have this problem. I really want to take care of this soon. The car is running better then ever, and I want to fix this last issue (for this week).

prove_it

Get a new connector from a pull and save yard or make a butt connector work. You also may have a bad sensor.

gvr4ever

Well, the connector is still on the wire, but I'm not convinced it is making good contact. I guess I could solder it, and if it doesn't work, I can undo it.

Can the switch be bought without getting a whole new pump?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes.

Part number is MB636426.

Quoting gvr4ever:
I've traced the wire back to the alt.

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but the wire *should* be connected to a post that sticks out the front of the power steering pump, not the alternator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Its easy to test the wiring and ECU: just ground the wire and see if it changes on your logger. The power steering pump is supposed to ground the wire whenever the fluid pressure rises.

gvr4ever

Well, ya, I know it attaches to the PS pump. After that, it goes to the alt. I could have been more clear on that. I wanted to make sure the other end was attached, and it was.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts