The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Painted door handles or Black?

rdomeck

I have my car apart to paint and was wondering if anyone has pictures of their door handles painted body color? Would like to see how it looks, but I'm thinking of painting mine white to match the car!

GSX_TC

My car is Black but I still left the handles unpainted, they were never painted from the factory so I kept them that way, I'm sure there are other guys on here that have painted theirs though. I might paint mine black this time around to experiment and see how they'll look though, mines in the paint shop right now

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Check the link out in my sig below.

My vote, paint them.

dammitjim

White handles look good. Plus they would be easy to put back to stock if you change your mind.

85688-0-0-0.jpg

img.php

Last edited:

Gabor

I would like them white. (Just in case you ever decide to sell the car back to me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rdomeck

Quoting Gabor:
I would like them white. (Just in case you ever decide to sell the car back to me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess they will get painted white then!

makedollarz

I like the white handles/white car look, I painted mine flat black but my cars black now, matching colors with the body looks pretty sharp.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Paint them. Makes the car look much nicer, even if Nile Black.

I will do my BG car when I get to it.

Eaglesfly

Love this thread, I've been asking myself the same question. Question, on a white car what do you do with the black rubber gasket behind the handle? I really don't want to paint the car with the handles on it; it's a much cleaner paint job painting them separate.

Terry Posten

^^^^^^^^^

Quoting Terry Posten:
Check the link out in my sig below.

My vote, paint them.

Remove the handles and get new rubber base gaskets from JNZtuning.com. They are only about $10 each.

Last edited:

Eaglesfly

I'm referring to the color of the gasket. I think it woud look tacky with them black; or are they hard enough that they can be painted as well with the handles? I currently have all of my handles off the car.

PreskitVR4

Gaskets painted looks sloppy. It will look like you didn't even bother to remove the hanles for paint. You need the detail, trust me.

GSX_TC

What did all the guys that painted their handles white do?

Terry Posten

Boy, your grammar is hard to follow.

Are you saying my car looks like a base model POS or are you saying that painted black handles on a white car looks like a base model POS?

EgonOlsen

Quoting FavNumber:
Makedollarz has maybe one of the best looking gvr4's I've ever seen...I still have those pics you sent me Chase. Please paint the door handles black door handle on a white car will make it look like a base model pos

Just need a , between handles and black.
else it is hard to understand. :p

Please paint the door handles, black door handle on a white car will make it look like a base model pos.

Eaglesfly

Quoting PreskitVR4:
Gaskets painted looks sloppy. It will look like you didn't even bother to remove the hanles for paint. You need the detail, trust me.

DUH, guess I should of enlarged the picture. I see the black gaskets now behind the handles. That VR4 looks damn nice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned