The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

P/S leak

I've finally located my power steering leak and it seems to be coming from the little valve that sticks out of the pump. (it looks like a plug with a gold colored shaft about 1-2mm wide and 1.5-2cm or so long sticking out of it) Is this just a pressure relief valve or what? If you need, I can try to get a camera and take a picture of it. What actually happened, I believe, is that something had hit it and bent it causing the two plastic rings inside of it to break in half. I've gone all over the place trying to find something for it, but I can't find anything. Any ideas of what I could do before getting a new pump? Thanks.

fivestardsm

I would like to first off give you an appology for not replying to your post earlier.

That is a pressure switch. The single wire that hangs off from the alt wireing harness is the one that plugs on to it.

It is very likely that it is just cracked and is the problem. I would pull it out and inspect it. You will have to pay attention, I belive that there is a spring and a check ball in there when you pull it out. I cant be 100% sure on that because it has been so long since I took one apart.

Also, check to see what the seal loos like. If you need, I can pull one apart to make sure what exactly it is supost to look like. I also have a few extras if you need one. Just let me know.

Oh wow... I didn't really think it was a switch or anything like that because there were no wires connected to it the whole time since I bought it. Chances are, the wire is just hanging down there or just looked like it was an alternator wire to me so I never paid it any mind..

And yes, if you do have one, I'd greatly appreciate getting one. THe main thing I would need to make sure is that it has the two little plastic insulators or spacers with it. Both of those were broken on mine when I took it apart. (which is what I believe was really causing the problem.)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned