The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil leak. :(

gvr4ever

Anyone have the PNs for the oil return line gasket and crush washers? Anything else I need?

Thanks

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Came across this today. I had seen the new gaskets with the sealer ring, but didn't know how to install them. This tells you the sealer side faces the oil pan side or turbo side when installed to the oil drain tube.

fivestardsm

Yeah the reson for the sealer toward the pan, is because it is more likely to be "un-true" because it is sheet metal, and the flange is thicker. I have installed a bunch of these and only used copper spray a gasket for sealent with out many problems. There have been a few that required silicone tho because of deflection on the pan surface.

gvr4ever

Wow, I'm like a dog that finally caught a car. I got all the oil pan bolts off (found and marked the two short ones) and now what? I can't think of too many things I hate more in life then a gasket that leaks, yet holds on for life.

Dave, I got the gaskets. Thank you very much.

gvr4ever

Okay, I cracked it off. I missed a bolt thought. Driver side axle needs to come off. I'll try and write a how to with some pics later.

gvr4ever

Okay, I got the pan back up and took some pics while taking a break. FYI, I really think it takes two people to put the pan back in. One to lift, the other ready with bolts. My brother helped me with that. Overall, the car is pretty clean. Hopefully ready for many more years. I should probably get a spare long block going though.

You know it's bad when your upgraded parts are wearing out. I'm so glad I got the aluminumized exhaust.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned