The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ofh question

Okayplayer

Is there any other model car other than 90 dsm's that I can get an oil filter housing from? I need to change my leaky stock ofh, and I wouldn't mind having a external oil cooler.

Adorsey

Fwd Facing Mighty Max ofh. no cooler tho

slugsgomoo

you can order them from JNZ...?

Mitsu part# MD132912 $79.08 brand new

I'd call them and order it with the gasket to match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You can use the OFH from any 6-bolt 4G63. The mighty max one is kind of a bitch to use in my opinion, as the crossmembers make removal of the filter tough. You can use a NT version and eliminate the sanchwich cooler if you want. Or you can bring me "Dollar Bills Y'all" and buy my spare '90 housing. I even have a new thermal valve thingy to go in it. If you want it text me. I don't have a cooler for it though.

Brunoboy

Quoting Okayplayer:
Is there any other model car other than 90 dsm's that I can get an oil filter housing from? I need to change my leaky stock ofh, and I wouldn't mind having a external oil cooler.

I have a 90 off with oem oil cooler and lines for sale. Please text me at 14088760787 if interested

Okayplayer

So what about a 90 galant? I saw one of those in the junkyard.

If it is a 2.0 6-bolt, which that should be a 6-bolt if it is a 2.0, it will work. You'll have to scrap the sandwich style cooler with that one. Which means that you'll have to loop the coolant feed lines but it'll work. You'll have higher oil temps, but it'll bolt on and function.

mitsuturbo

Quoting slugsgomoo:
you can order them from JNZ...?

Mitsu part# MD132912 $79.08 brand new

I'd call them and order it with the gasket to match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

This is what i did, even though i already had a 90 ofh. I wanted to make sure it was a good unit throughout, and the price is definitely more than reasonable!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned