The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No injector pulse...

Kenny_Kline

Car runs. Bad ecu. When I had the replacement ecu in from a running car, I forgot to plug in the cam sensor lol. But now that it runs, i put my original ecu in and it doesnt run but as soon as I put in the ecu i got for testing, it runs. Both ECUs are 91-94 ecus.

So yeah... Been chasing my tail forever trusting the fact that I had a good working ecu and tested working ecu -_____-

prove_it

Makes sense. I knew it had to be something stupid. Always is in the end. Glad to help.

bradrs

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Injectors are irrelevant! I have a noid light plugged in. Injectors arent even plugged in. I threw the injectors in the woods and now I have no injectors.

Now that you solved it, you should go find those injectors.

Kenny_Kline

Eh... I kind of want to run Injector Dynamics High impedance injectors anyways. Yours free if you can find them in the 3' of snow. About another 18" coming Monday so hurry up

ktmrider

Quoting prove_it:
Quoting Kenny_Kline:
It has never ran since I owned it. I bought it as a shell. Not sure what that has to do with injector pulse though.

We're just trying to help. Don't get frustrated with weird questions. Use this to check for power and ground at each pin that needs power/ground.

Start with this. Really sounds like a power/ground issue. Also with the grounds, be sure to measure the resistance to ground from the connector. It could have continuity, but too much resistance will cause issues.

Ecmlink ECU pinout

LOL K_K at his finest ( ask for help, doesn't give all relevant info, then berates/belittles those trying to help ).

Glad you found the problem.

tektic

Were you running the same ecm link chip and software on the ecu you swapped in or was it stock?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned