The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nice QUIET exhaust

matt92vr4

Anyone have an oval vibrant muffler only? Is it quiet? That's what I'm currently building, however I can add a senator if it would make a big difference. Thanks!

raptorWagon

3"x Dual 3" outlet
click
IMG_2027.jpg

It's not too quiet and it's not too loud, I still had the cat too. Never once pulled over in VA for exhaust and they are Nazis out there for that, also looks stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

James

That vibrant is by far my favorite for sound/looks on the vr4

5OF2k

Agree, and an added resonator/glasspack or two would quiet it even moreso. Under partial throttle/cruise its very very quiet, and under boost and WOT nice and throaty, yet not raspy or super loud.

-Jake

matt92vr4

Thanks for the vid Raptured, sounds great.

boosted_85

I'm running a custom 3in. aluminum piping to a oval Vibrant dual tip 1046 muffler and its realky loud. I would recommend a resonator or two.

raptorWagon

I had a 3" exhaust with a high flow cat, didn't think it was that loud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5OF2k

Cats quiet an exhaust quite a bit. I noticed a MAJOR difference when i removed mine.

-Jake

matt92vr4

Oh, you had a cat in that Vid? I won't have one of those so I better get a resonator

cheekychimp

This is my JDM 2.5" exhaust

I used everything except the 4 inch bullet muffler which I replaced with an oval unit with a 3 inch outlet. It's very quiet!

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Has anyone tried installing 2 or more resonators on the system? ive only at one time and it was pretty quiet with a thermal. I feel like 3 would be super quiet. Maybe.

BpuVR4

i got a one piece 3" thermal exhaust post downpipe...it's hanging kinda low, and im starting to hate how the muffler looks. while the sound isn't bad, i'm sure it could be improved up, and i need to eventually figure out an option that is more discreet looking that this bazooka. i have a feeling it will cause me to get another exhaust ticket down the road.

MellowVR4

^ Me too, ill eventually get a different muffler on it.

BpuVR4

my one piece thermal...does everyone else's pipe hang that low?

turbowop

Quoting BpuVR4:

my one piece thermal...does everyone else's pipe hang that low?

I think you might be missing an exhaust hanger or two.

BpuVR4

huh...it definitely buzzes like crazy when i let it coast in gear.

sorry op, didn't mean to hijack thread. either way, i know some people think thermal is not as crazy sounding. was a bit interested to see if the 2.5" piping for 16g cars discussion go further.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

I have a RRE 3" Stealth No Restrictions Exhaust. It is so quite, too quiet. Not much louder than stock
4-27-11RearPictureExhaust.jpg

4-27-11RearSideViewExhaustTop-1.jpg

Redwood

what all are the HP that you guys are running with these stock sounding exhaust. that is still one of the big things i need to get for my car. i would like to keep it super quite and sleeper sounding, well as much as possible.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned