The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner 1166/2000

Hey guys I'm from south jersey I just bought 1166/2000 the other day it's Nile black it's just gonna be my daily with minor upgrades I haven't had time to really go over the car but once I do I'll keep you guys updated thanks.

Also if anyone could tell me where I can get the dual gauge pod that replaces the tweeter on the dash I would appreciate it thanks

Jesus_Negros

You'll have to lurk the fs section and make a wtb for one. Nice car. Any rust?

I'm new to gvr4 stuff can anyone tell me what parts I can use from a 1g or a 2g I want to change up my intercooler piping but I don't want to change the core can I use just regular 1g/2g intercooler piping? And is my ecu basically the same can I use a 1g/2g ecu with dsm link? Any info would be greatly appreciated

LIV4PSI

DSM intercoolers and piping are totally different. 91-94 1G ECU is the same, but the cases are different. The GVR4 is an EPROM as well

desant78

Another South Jersey vr4?!?!?! Hurray! We better see you at east coast MOD this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Congrats on the car, I daily drive 995 and have 1662 as a parts car (maybe race car) one day. I live in Woodbury, and work on the cars in Clayton.

What are your goals for the car? If you ever want to meet up, hit up any local car meets etc let me know, there are few local vr4 guys, but they tend to stay hidden.

If you ever need a hand, or any stock parts, I have a ton, so let me know!

desant78

Quoting Stikiller4g63:
I'm new to gvr4 stuff can anyone tell me what parts I can use from a 1g or a 2g I want to change up my intercooler piping but I don't want to change the core can I use just regular 1g/2g intercooler piping? And is my ecu basically the same can I use a 1g/2g ecu with dsm link? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Also you ecu is identical to a 1g manual awd ecu. So DSMLink will work. What are you trying to change about your IC piping? Like said earlier, the IC are different on the cars.

Right now it looks like radiator hoses and I want to do hard piping and maybe run speed density

coyotes

Get all your maintenance out of the way before you go nuts with mods, you can thank us all later.

Nice car, welcome.

LIV4PSI

Quoting Stikiller4g63:
Right now it looks like radiator hoses and I want to do hard piping and maybe run speed density

Hard piping won't make a difference, the stock intercooler is junk

It came with an evo IX fmic I know it won't help me make more power I just want to dress the bay up

I would like to eventually change up my wheels if I have the 5 lug swap on it is my bolt pattern 5x114.3? And what other dimensions do I need to know if like to go pretty wide with my tires but not have to change anything else

92_talon_awd

Yes, lug pattern for the 5 lug cars is DSM pattern.

boostback

Currently swapping 1039 over to 5 lug. I swapped in the whole subframe from a 92 talon though. Eliminate aws at the same time.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting Stikiller4g63:
I would like to eventually change up my wheels if I have the 5 lug swap on it is my bolt pattern 5x114.3? And what other dimensions do I need to know if like to go pretty wide with my tires but not have to change anything else

What size wheels and tires are you looking to get?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned