The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nardi steering wheel from g8 doesnt fit contact in g7 steering column

apollo420

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone here has info on g7 galant. I've got nardi steering wheel from g8 (pic below) but it seems the contact inside the steering column is different from the new steering wheel. Can't connect the horn atm. I can provide more info as needed but just need someone to give a waypoint. Thanks much!

fuel

Hi there,

This forum concentrates on the 6th generation Galant VR-4 specifically rather than the other generations of Galant and Galant VR-4. You might have better luck with Club VR-4 here

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Both airbag type horns? Both have clocksprings? What is different about the horn connections?

apollo420

Thanks fuel, I'll give that a shot as well.

Iceman, my old steering had no airbag but the new one from g8 does. Maybe its a bad idea since the airbag could randomly deploy? The copper (?) contact inside the column doesnt touch the contact on the steering properly, so circuit isnt complete for horn. Was wondering if I need to mill a new contact for the column, or if I could find some aftermarket piece to swap in. Anyway let me give clubvr4 a try, thank you!

I put an airbag wheel in my non airbag galant and replaced the airbag with a piece of dense foam. I also had to replace the copper circle the horn contact rides on. I machined out one from an old wheel and attached it to the new one which also required some machining so the position of the ring was the same.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I left the airbag in, but removed the inflator so no accidental deployment.

I too had to modify the steering wheel back section to have the wiper ring for the horn operation. In fact I think I go the extra rear GVR4 horn cover from 467.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned