The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Na throttle body Vs turbo throttle body

Steve885

I have a NA throttle body on my car currently it's giving me all kinds of problems ( idle surge here and there ) is there much of a difference between the two throttles I've looked up a couple threads some say yes some say no..what do u say .... Thanks people

89Patches

I know the TB from a 90' N/A is different from a 91+. I think the only differences from a 91+ N/A TB from a turbo TB is on a turbo the TB elbow is bolted on and has more vacuum ports.

89Mirageman

I believe the seals are different. The ones on the turbo TB are meant to handle boost.

4Grim

I am currently using a N/A Throttle body but was rebuilt and ported by Tim at throttlebodies.com. I haven't had any issues and I believe he used the Throttle plate shaft seals from a turbo TB for the rebuild. I also had the whole FIAV assembly removed.

minneSNOWta

I am using the NA TB as well. What did you guys do with the A2 vacuum line? Did you cap off at the source or can it be T'd into A1? EGR is not deleted either. I chose to have "Uber" boost shaft seals installed for good measure. They are supposed to be good up to 40psi. Kept the FIAV and had the entrance machined to smooth the lip. Steve Monroe is the man.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned