The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My 116$ engine rebuild

GSX_TC

Hey Zak, let me know when you go out there.

AnotherNewb

What ever happened to this motor? I saw where the car was for sale with a fresh motor and was curious what happened with this one.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Amazing effort! I'm still trying to re-attach the rear-view mirror in mine...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
You could have saved even more money by using RTV on the oil pan instead of a gasket. They're actually just RTV'd from the factory.

True. I would have skipped that and put in a new $18 Parts Dinosaur head gasket.

JNR

I want to see this Capri /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I take it's one of the late 70's/early 80's based on the mustang platform and not the mid 70's (german) imported ones? Haven't see the early 80's ones in a long time and can't recall last time I saw the 70's smaller ones (dad had 2 of them back to back and still remember when he bought the second one when I was about 4). As for the early 80's one, when I first moved up to warshington in the late 80's I was amazed to see one at the local cruise (the avenue) all the time with a tunnel ram and dual holley 4bbls and he didn't even have to worry about smog (what was most amazing to me seeing something later model on the street then).

Last edited:

GSX_TC

apparently that same motor stayed in the car and an HX40 was slapped on with larger injectors and Ostrich.

here are a few pics of that car when i took of it the last few times i saw it. Zak named it Fred.

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

424901_199782413461316_226813689_n1.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned