The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Modernizing my car

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Last weekend I put a keyless entry on the 92 GVR4. I feel so up to date! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also helped solve my problem of the alarm activating every time I unlocked the car from the driver key cylinder.

I bought a Commando one for $39.95, and didn't install any of the fancy stuff, just the straight up keyless. Hardest part was accessing the ETACS (way up in the left corner of the instrument panel, above the fuse block/junction block).

Nice small fob, and really is nice. Bought this

That is all.

fuel

^^ shouldn't have to? Don't the USDM models have a button above the power window control on the handle that locks/unlocks all the doors like the JDM models do?

SleepinGVR4

Fuel,
No they don't. Although if you pull up or push down the door lock "tab" it will lock all the doors or unlock all the doors. This works for the driver and passenger side doors.

This mod interests me.

Diego

^ mine stopped doing that randomly.... I need to check why.

OMFGeofffff

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
So you didn't have to install some type of popper in the door?

This isn't what you think it is. Its basically a keyfob that locks/unlocks your doors instead of having to stick the key in the door.

Brunoboy

I have had a two way pager alarm and remote start in my car for the past year. I disabled the old alarm by snipping a Yellow/Blue? Wire under the dash that I saw the HOW TO on this board. The aftermarket alarm is based using the door trigger wire under the dash near the fuse box. I have the Whole Wiring Schematic for our car and which wire to splice into, where its at, and what color they are if anyone is interested.
-Shane

EgonOlsen

I actually bought a similar setup with flip keys that I havent installed yet.
So info on what wires to solder it to would be nice if you have it?

matt92vr4

That's cool. I have the same problem with unlocking the car from the drivers door. I'll have to put this on the to-do list.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting SleepinGVR4:
So you didn't have to install some type of popper in the door?

As mentioned, no need to add anything since they are power locks with actuators already. All you are doing is triggering the actuators.

I installed the new transmitter box, connect up two wires (one for lock, one for unlock) to the ETACS, and three power circuit wires: One 12V battery source (acquired at ignition sw), one 12V switched source (also from ignition sw), and a ground wire. Because I didn't want any of the parking light flash, horn sound, dome light feature, or alarm, I used very little of the supplied wiring.

You can get the wiring diagram colors for your specific year (if you don't have a service manual) here:
galant diagrams

strokin4dr

I have the Commando 2-way paging system in my car and love it. Its been installed for about 4 years now and still works great. Lots of features that you can set up too like a turbo timer and remote start. I recommend it because of the good price.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned