The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

missing ECU pin - steal another one? halp

mikus

my 15 EGR pin is missing from harness at the ECU, I need to get a pin in there for my wideband.

1) are there any unused pins I might pop out to put in its place? Eg.
> #11 ABS control output (my ABS is jacked anyway, light is always on)
> anything with AC as mine is deleted

2) why would someone remove the wire?? cutting for aftermarket sensor is one thing, but deleting from harness?

Go figure both local yards are out of 1G's currently.

mikus

wat

regardless I need a pin 15 on ECU harness and there's no pin now... main interest is getting one in there

Andy_S

Galant vr4's do have an egr. Pin 15 is for Cali models with a egr temp sensor I believe. You can pop any unused wire and terminal for the ecu plugs and place it there. If a/c is removed, I suggest using one of those wires. If you don't have any you can take from the harness, let me know. I could mail you one in an envelope. They are easy to remove with a pick or dental tool (my preference). I think Caracer may have made a "How-To".

jepherz

Staff member
Pretty sure my '91 did NOT have an EGR temp pin. I remember having to put a new pin in to log AFRs. I have plenty of those pins if you can wait for it.

jepherz

Staff member
82423-0-0-0.jpg

mikus

well how bout that. Thanks for the info all - Andy S, PM'ed for possible mailing a couple?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned