The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Megan o2 housing

coyotes

So I'm picking up some stuff for my car this sunday:

-Big 16g
-Evo III manifold
-Megan o2 (attached to turbo)

I'm curious about the o2 housing. Any opinions, information? Worth running or should I just use my stock o2 housing? I always like to hear the hardline VR4 forum opinion of things over the mixed information on DSM forums. Though everyone seems to like this piece.

Thanks

Last edited:

prove_it

MHI EVO3 is what I have. Highest flowing cast piece. Still available from the dealers, you'll need a part number. I can get you one if you want. The downpipe flange is a little different and you'll need to have the flange rewelded for best fit.

I prefer the cast as it won't crack like some stainless ones will. If anything, get a 2G, it's a direct bolt on and will flow way more than a ported stock piece.

coyotes

I can probably get a 2g o2 housing, but this one is already attached and I may not want to deal with risking damaging hardware trying to remove it in case things are stubborn. But if it's junk I can get something else.

BENE38A

bit of wd40 or some other penetrating oil and i have never had trouble splitting exhaust parts, i dont know whether these s/s jobbys are shite over in us but here they are crap, they crack and aint always "stock replacement"

WaRrIoRs16

I have had the Megan racing o2 housing for a few years now. My only complaint is that I kept losing alternators due to the heat from the o2 housing. I went and got some sheet metal, and bent and cut it up to make a heat shield and the alternator hasn't had any issues since. It bolted up to my downpipe okay, one of the bolts is a slightly more difficult to tighten, but its manageable.

strokin4dr

I had one of those SS o2 housing that came in the parts pile with my car. It took out the frist alternator in no time and then almost fell off the car from all the cracks at the turbo side flange not long afterward. Stick with a ported 2g elbow. I will from now on for cars with oem turbos.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned