The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

major problems

thecannoliman121

I'm having big problems trying to figure out why my car won't run right. Adding boost helped it a little bit but it doesn't get u and go. It is running like it is way of time but I know it is not. I have checked it numerous times. Apart from running like a dog I noticed as I was driving the odometer seemed ff. It said I was going 60 and I know I wasn't. I put a new odometer gear in the tranny not too long ago so I know that isn't it. I just re built it and had to get a new head. I am running about 20 pounds according to my gauge. before it blew up for the second time, due to the balance shafts, it ran great. I have not touched anything from that time except for the head, putting a new one on and cammed it and valve springs. Here is the list of parts I have into it
-255 walbro
-275 injectors
-ecmlink
-2gmaf
-wb02
-boost gauge
-272 cams
-evo 8 valve springs
-16g tdo5

I would post the log if I knew how to

prove_it

I think 275 might be a bit small.

thecannoliman121

I'm pretty positive that the set up and the injectors are right because I talked to the guy from ecmlink and he said that everything I was going to be running in it was fine and he set up the main settings on my chip for me.

prove_it

You put in 275 injectors? Are you sure?

I guessing 1275, but that sounds weird too. Anyway, if you swapped rebuilt it and changed the cams then you need to look into adjusting the MAF comp. Cams will change how it runs, even MAF cars. It shouldn't do what your describing though. I'm guessing a sensor is off and the ECM is running it pig rich. Make sure you plugged in the temp sensor and all the sensors are reading properly at idle.

Also double check your mechanical timing followed by the ignition timing.

Start with the basics. Go from there.

Last edited:

thecannoliman121

I apologize. The injectors are 750, I've had a long day haha. But ya the timing is spot on. I'll run through the link and check everything tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned