The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lol, what you guys think about this? Solar Panels?

desant78

ok i'll say it. I'm a nerd and i think this is VERY cool. yes i agree it's pointless, but we all make our cars our own and unique, which is why we mod them differently, and I get a kick from seeing stuff like does just that. From a nerdy point, i think it's cool for what it's worth. I would never do it, but think it's cool how you sat down and was like, i got a solution, Photovoltaic cells!

alansupra94

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

That kinda happened when I was at work.

I figured it was a crazy idea that I could expand on in the future. Well we will see what happens.

slugsgomoo

pro tip: take battery into garage, set on trickle charger.

bonus, no one can easily steal car because there is no battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

it would look better mounted in a roof rack basket, but hey its your car. Do what you want.

~joe

alansupra94

Quoting slugsgomoo:
pro tip: take battery into garage, set on trickle charger.

bonus, no one can easily steal car because there is no battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

So I am going to remove a 35 pound 36A battery to charge it and risk it dying rather than just using my current setup that cost me in total $40 and works great.

Don't have to worry abou theft. Hasn't been a car robbery ever in my neighborhood.

alansupra94

Quoting OGRallyEdition:
it would look better mounted in a roof rack basket, but hey its your car. Do what you want.

~joe

Thought about it but since I don't skii or ride bikes, I don't, nor will, ever have a roof rack. Plus the truck was close to the battery and worst case, if I hate it, I can get a new truck for cheap. A new roof....yeah thats not going to be easy

transparentdsm

Quoting desant78:
ok i'll say it. I'm a nerd and i think this is VERY cool. yes i agree it's pointless, but we all make our cars our own and unique, which is why we mod them differently, and I get a kick from seeing stuff like does just that. From a nerdy point, i think it's cool for what it's worth. I would never do it, but think it's cool how you sat down and was like, i got a solution, Photovoltaic cells!

dude you are 100% right im a total nerd and i love this idea.... i would even consider doing it because i have 2 trunks and my vr4 is BG so the panels would hide well. i would even cut the holes in the trunk to 100% flush mount it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned