The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lead Foot mpgs

mountaineerjeff

I was getting like 8-12 in my mirage. but that was on a rich tune running 30 psi on a 20g. that mixed with 30% of my driving was wheel spin showed the reason for crappy mileage. but as said before that was with leaving every stop light like im in the sweet 16 of pinks. on the highway lean I can get 35+ even with the mirage short gearing.

turbofonz

Also which size tires are you guys running? I have 245/40R17" tires on my car, so its a 2.xx% larger diameter... meaning the car may actually be getting mileage than I think due to slower wheel RPM than stock.

PreskitVR4

I have same size half of the time with my evo8s, my Volks have been on the car alot more lately though, 235/40/18

NickDromez

im not making 300hp but i am a leadfoot. i get around 20mpg mixed city/hwy.

GIjoe

Something is seriously wrong with me or my vr4...its pretty much stock (has issues) and I get like 14mpg in the city. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thecman02

All city driving with a pissed off attitude will net me ~14mpg whether on e85 or premium. Highway e85 ~ 21. Premium I'm seeing 24 on the highway. I really need to mess around with my tune on Link because I'm sure I could do much better.

Normal city gas mileage in my Galant is 17-18mpg.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Sorry to dig up an old thread guys but I never got around to putting up my results for my mpg in my VR4 due to a misbehaving trip meter. With a Big16g and an Evo8 fuel pump at 15 pounds of boost with about 80 percent highway and 20 city, 50/50 on and off the boost I came up with 23.95 miles to the gallon =D so yeah I'm pretty excited about that. I thought it would of been something horrible like 15 or something.

quicktsi

I am averaging about 18mpg with 80 percent highway driving. So far I have replaced the fuel pump, flushed the lines, restored the fuel tank, new fuel filter and premium gas. The air temps have been around 95-105 recently. I am installing a new OEM O2 and knock sensor this weekend. I also had the car aligned last weekend. I am hoping this helps me get in to the 24-26mpg range. This is on a completely bone stock car down the BCS.

chrisfullwood

yea i get like 8mpg if i drive it like i stole it. I try to get 200 miles per tank though, driving it conservatively. Some days it happens, others it doesn't.

Lightning1

Sadly, I drive an 03 Lightning and my GVR4 as my two daily drivers, and they fight for which has the worst mileage when I drive fast. The Lightning will average 8 to 7 city and the GVR4 will do about 8 to 10 city. The gas pump loves me, that is for sure.

s_firestone

#918 has 188,950 miles and I just got 371.5 miles on a tank last week. I pumped 14.3 Gallons to top it off. I have recently moved up to Park City, UT so I'm commuting about 60 miles a day up and down the twisties on I-80. I wouldn't be surprised if I was running a bit lean.

Last edited:

GreenGSX

The One Lap VR4 gets about 22mpg pulling a trailer on the highway, about the same without the trailer in mixed city/highway driving, and about 7.5mpg while on track.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned