The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM fog wiring and other questions for those who own

Hertz

Staff member
I don't have one of those switches, but it didn't take long to figure out a PWR/ECO switch with an ohmmeter.

Ah, but if you want me to guess:

Wire #
1 - green/white stripe = switch up +
2 - red/white stripe = switch down +
3 - green/red stripe = Illumination +
4 - black = Illimunination -
5 - black/white stripe = shared switch ground

Last edited:

CP

Both fog lights (in one JDM projector housing) share a common ground wire, but each is powered separately I believe. Do I need to split the grounds to allow me to switch each light in a single housing independently? I ask because I know these cars use a ground system for power, or something like that.

Does anyone know how this diagram should look for independently wiring two fog lights to a switch? I won't be using any of the factory wiring on the car.

Also, do I run a power wire to each light from a single pin on the relay? If so, which one?

img.php

Last edited:

misterfixit

they don't switch grounds, they switch power. the high beam side is held to the high beam low side, wheni have a switching relay for each side. thad is driven by a diff across the highbeam. when lowbeam, both sides are 12v. on high beam one side is pulled down to ground and the relays work.

Rich

CP

Alright Honkies, I'm done.

Both sets of fogs work, the projectors with the factory switch and the insides with the auto trans PWR/ECON switch on the center console next to the mirror switch. I used one relay.

For wiring it up to the auto trans switch, I wasn't concerned with switch illumination. That's too complicated for me. I just hooked it up so the switch turns the fogs on/off. On the plug, there are two rows of contacts; one row with two pins, and the other with three pins. You want to use the row with three pins (the two pins that have pins adjacent in the other row). I took power for the switch from the black and blue wire from the mirror switch.

For the relay, pin 30 went to a fuse and then to the batt. Pin 85 was grounded. Pin 87 went to the lights, and pin 86 went to the switch. From the fog light plug/harness, I hooked pin 87 to the greenish wire.

How are you guys with projector fogs adjusting the lights? I think I've pretty much stripped all the adjustment screws. I can't get a small socket in there. I was thinking that one of those screwdrivers with a 10mm head might work, but have yet to try to track one down...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned