The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Its knock, but its not knock.

Quoting gvr4ever:
I don't have a piggy back, just a keydiver chip, 3G MAS, and EVO injectors. I can't change the tune. Anyone know keydiver? I'm having to rent a car for work and not really making a whole lot right now. I need a fast fix, or this car will be useless to me. Out of all the times it hasn't failed me, its really bending me over when I need it the most.

click

Is your FPR adjustable? I can't answer any of your questions, because I don't have access to my files at home. Where is the slip of paper that came with your chip????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

Your not low on oil are you? That can cause noises and knocking. Simple check to be positive.

dustyduff

Did you follow the instructions before installing the lifters? Did you bleed them before installing? Would that cause the lifter tick you're hearing?

gvr4ever

I think I know what the problem is. I own a Galant VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Days after installing the new lifters, they finally shut up. I also used some sea foam. My car is simply a bitch playing with me. I don't own the car, the car owns me.

gvr4ever

Ya, but I'm generally baby my car, don't race it and I've done a lot worse to older 4G63 powered cars and given them less care with more miles. I treat mine too nice and its not returning the favor. Its at least better now. I think I'm just down to some fine tuning issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned