The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Introducing 1274 and 1137

I’m new here since I haven’t post ever, even though I know this forum since 2005. So I want to introduce my cars.

1274 of 2000 A87 1 of 86 of 627 Belize green 100% stock with 210 miles and everything works. Extra: as a personal touch power button to lock and unlock doors from inside handle driver's side.

I got my first Galant VR4 in the beginning of 2005 originally sold in some other state, I believe Florida somehow got all the way to WA state, the woman that sold it to me bought it from an auction in Port Orchard August 2004. She had spent a lot of money fixing this car. she payed to put the bell on and a rear differential betwen other things along and the car wasn’t right, It broke down all the time. She was ready to sent the car to junk yard. That’s when I came to rescue this galant from a sure dead.
When I first saw the car, It was very appealing to me (I have always like rare cars) so first I couldn’t identified the car until I started to inspect it and I couldn’t believe it was a four wheel drive turbo and on top of that AWS before that I didn’t know this car was for real since the only place I saw this car was on a video game from middle 90’s on sega cd. and I used to choose The galant vr4 because it had the best handle of all the cars on the video game.
This car was my project for 2005 so I drove the car and broke down several times so I had to pay a lot of money to keep the car running, keep in mind that I am a enthusiast and my mechanic knowledges are very limited and I like to work on cars just for hobby and as any hobby, one end it up paying a lot of money and you never get to see it back. I still have all the receipts believe or not.
First I had to get and replace parts that were broken or didn’t work at that time. For the cosmetic, bolts, screws etc. I got original parts for both cars from vr4's that were sitting in junk yards. I went trough different junk yards, one time I found this place that they have a least 3 of them most of them crashed and missing engines and transmission. I have witness a least 6 Gvr4 died and resting in junk yards getting dismantled. The car was reliable when I pay to put in an used engine and transmission import from japan. I was very lucky because I got the original engine with the red lid and a cyclone intake; at that point the mechanics that worked in the car recommended to keep the original intake sadly (now, because I should keep that cyclone intake with me at least, it ended up in the dump, I didn’t know better). Now with my experience, I easily could create one of those monsters (400 or 500 hp) that are on the forums with a third of what I put in this car to save it from a sure dead. LOL

1137 of 2000 A88 1 of 158 of Summit White stock most of it. 2" dropped and after market Konig sport 17”rims and as a personal touch power button to lock and unlock doors from inside handle driver's side.White with 180+ miles. It was sold originally in Mitsubishi Bellevue dealer and I believe I am a least the 5th owner. A guy who run a mechanic shop sold it to me April 2006 with 160xxx on it.
My project for 2006.
This car wasn't very different then my green. It broke couple times with minor problems old hoses mostly, radiator etc. and I decided to pay to rebuild the engine complete this time at 170+ miles.

This car it’s been sitting in the garage a least 2 years out of 5 that I have own it. I got to replaced parts that didn’t work and get the car functional as much as possible. On this car the power antenna doesn’t work and neither the A/C the rest works including original cd player, lights all around and cruise control as well.

I just realized that I haven’t drive these cars lately. I think I’m just out of interest or I’ve been working to much on my work van or my pick up. Last time I work on these cars was about a year ago. So I think is time for me to start to look for a new home for them. I might be selling both cars. Any ideas how much should ask?. suggestions are welcome.

GSX_TC

Nice VR4's man, looks like the white ones valve cover needs to be wiped clean

Yeah that cover needs some attention.

I looked at what the average selling prices tend to be here. Sadly, these cars, while rare, are not truely valuable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I love my cars anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

the cars in stock form sell between 1500 and 4500 depending on what buyer you find and condition but lately i have noticed they are for sale for quite some time

yeti

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting cachacuas98:</font><hr />
I didn’t know this car was for real since the only place I saw this car was on a video game from middle 90’s on sega cd. and I used to choose The galant vr4 because it had the best handle of all the cars on the video game.

https://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=125698&amp;width=400[/image]click[/url]

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

do you remember the name of the video game and is that mileage on the first one correct(210 miles)

Last edited:
I don't remember that game's name. It's been a long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Here is a picture that I just took with the actual miles on it for both cars.

KiNgMaRtY

I think you need to put some mods on one after doing some maintenance and I'm sure your interest in them will be regained /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mistaVR4

Those both look like great cars to keep and restore (both interiors look VERY nice), and mod, if that's something you want to do, you know they are a lot of fun! They are also becoming very hard to come by. I'd think twice before selling them, but if you need cash make sure they go to someone that will keep them on the road!

Good luck bro!

IncorpoRatedX

kinda looks like my pair

photo31.jpg

The engine in my car is dead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I didn't check fluid levels after I took my car to the shop to get replace the catalyzer converter to be able to pass inspections (almost $500. it's very strange that after getting reads of 150 psi in all cylinders the engine didn't have oil on it. I don't want to think bad about that shop were I took my car but... It was my responsibility to check the fluid levels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I lost interest in these cars for a while but it's been regained once again.

1274 is getting a fresh engine put on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif while 1137 is again on roads getting me to places to get parts for 1274. also making sure that 1137 is functional, so far so good, minor quick fixes.

I though 1137 engine was dead since it didn't want to start when I went to get gas last time at the gas station back en Oct,Sep/2011. It had to be towed back to my place were was abandoned for over a year!. It was just a bad connector in a relay close where the ECU goes (By the way I need to get these). The technician found the problem and I was happy about it. I start to drive 1137 and I found out that the cruse control wasn't working. It was a hose that was cracked open by the little air pump, I just cut that part reconnected and it's working again. The wipers are not getting all the way back after I turned them off, hopefully the wiper motor that I got will fix that.

Vr4junkie

You should sell one and keep the one you really like one pile of head aches is better than two..... i know how it goes dam car addiction you can't alway keep them all but i would definitely keep one at least turbo awd what's not to love.

EHmotorsports

Welcome to the forums:) Some good guys on here.

EfiniX

If you are ever down in Portland, look EHMotrosports and myself up!

GSX_TC

Keep them both, its nice to have variety. plus if you want, one can turn into a beast while the other gets you to work in a/c.

I found the carpet soaking wet the other day, I asked my body to look at it and he fixed. He had to removed the window shield glass to find where the leak was coming from. He found a crack on the driver's lower corner, He filled up with some material and apply primer around. later he insalled the window shield glass back on. I am planing to do the same on 1274 Green because it seems to have the same problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned