The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intermittent CEL + stumble

coyotes

thanks dude i will check it out. My car did the CEL + stumble real bad this morning, I am just going to park it for now while I get the throttle body rebuilt, gonna test the TPS and replace if needed, reset it and base idle and check out the ECU caps.

coyotes

Still having this issue. Throttle body has been rebuilt, I have a new (different AWD 5 speed 1g turbo) ECU and new 2g ISC installed. Car still throws the CEL 14 and 44 which is TPS and ignition coil.

Last edited:

boosted_85

if you have a logger, I would suggest you log rpm and vss. If there's any weird rpm spikes vs. speed it coule be your cas causing the stumble.

coyotes

Thanks, I will look into it. I am going to try replacing the coil and see where things go from there. I'm starting to believe the TPS is out of adjustment. I don't suspect the CAS, wouldn't a faulty CAS just cause the car to not start?

Coltsfan

FYI: Check your TPS signal with a graphing meter while driving. Not sure if it's just vibration, but sometimes the fault won't show up on a static sweep test with the engine off.

Yao

don't forget to check the transistors and spark plugs/wires.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned