The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Im cheating because Im lazy

ducttapeguy

Hey all. Im starting the teardown and rebuild of 282/1000 and I am having trouble figuring out where to go and what to do. I have started removing parts under the hood, and will soon be trying to remove the engine so I can clean it up and make it pretty. I am also wanting to remove everything underneath the car and replace all the bushings and whatnot, remove rust, POR15 and powdercaot everything that I can. I just dont know what parts to order.

I saw the front control arms for the eclipse on ebay out of the how to section and i will be buying those, but I seem to remember a thread from a member selling custom arms. Who was that and are they still available? Also is there anywhere I can get all my bushings at once? Preferably from a board member. I have searched for a while, but Im either not doing it right or Im not looking hard enough. Can anyone help me out and give me a cheat sheet of everything I will need to or can replace underneath the car? This would make my life sooo much easier and I would be eternaly grateful. Or yall can just tell me to suck it and keep searching. Lol, either way.

Thanks

Tyler

curtis

email Boostx for the subframe and mustache bushings, install those in a new southern subframe
get the master kit with engine mount add on and one extra set of front subframe which works in the front cross brace.
Only two bushings left is the trailing arms in the rear and the 4 bushings on the carrier bearings
You can use the stock arms and reinforce them by boxing them in or order a set of the upper arms from Andre
You have the evo struts already so only real thing left would be the pillow ball top plates for those and a set of the larger swaybars from whiteline and new endlinks.

JNZ or or rock auto should have stock endlinks

Now as for the turbo I bet Mr Franke (he's the HMFIC) at SPSturbostore.com can match up something to fit in the garrett housing or maybe something that will be T4 and bolt up to the O2 housing I really bet the wheel is a normal small T04E wheel and not a stage 5 or anything else. I would get something in the 65 to 75lb range on airflow with a big turbine wheel. Yea laggy but will haul ass up top. Most of the time the laggy big ones still run with small quick spool up cars and then motor away up top. Remind me with a PM and I'll get you his contact info.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned