The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ilovetacotaco?? turbo controller/turbo timer combo

Thanks Toybreaker!
Yeah I hit the horn up on a regular basis in the snow season, can't wait to start making the ski trips in the Galant.

I was going to start my intro thread yesterday , but it is my first time on a forum and it started to turn into super long essay, LOL so I deleted it. I am hoping to restart it today and post some pics and background info, Mods and goals.
I truly appreciate all you guys input and experience!!
Thank You,
Cheers!
Colby

prove_it

Quoting CutlassJim:

1G ECU's can't control boost last time I looked.

Yes they can. Link uses the factory boost control solenoid output.

I've been using it for a few months now and I love link controlled boost. I have my 16G setup to run wastegate pressure until 3800 then spike to 26psi until 5800 then settle down at 22psi til redline. Absolutely love it. Gained incredible mid-range and improved my gas mileage too. Set-up only cost me about 5 bucks too.

CutlassJim

Quoting prove it:
Yes they can. Link uses the factory boost control solenoid output.

I've been using it for a few months now and I love link controlled boost. I have my 16G setup to run wastegate pressure until 3800 then spike to 26psi until 5800 then settle down at 22psi til redline. Absolutely love it. Gained incredible mid-range and improved my gas mileage too. Set-up only cost me about 5 bucks too.

That goes to show you the last time I checked. I need to get on this bandwagon.

jnava

Staff member
Just depends if you really have a need for one. I started to use the mbc and it works but the options available are just hard to pass up.

transparentdsm

the way i see it is if your going to have a tuning device aside from a plug and go chip, you have to get link and use every last aspect of it and what it was created to do.

It is decided Link V3 and ECU boost control is where we will head. It seems reliable/safe/costefffective/and mature thing to do.
I will start a new intro thread, as even ordering is somewhat research intensive as this car is new to me and it has been modified slightly prior to my purchase. (i.e. I know last owner put 660 injectors in but I have no idea brand, and of course the v3 upgrade asks these questions)
Thanks Guys!

jnava

Staff member
Well, that's exactly why I used nb sim, bought the SD package, and now the solenoid. I just want to use most of the features available.

mitsuturbo

Quoting ColoradoVR1708:
Yeah I am always thinking "you get what you pay for" but I was definitely interested to see if anyone does have hands on experience with them because their consumer reviews would be the most applicable... Probably end up going Greddy.
But at $150 instead of $550(Greddy) the suspension budget would get a nice start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
LOL just can't risk it.

Link is probably the best way to go.

I've used two of these (link below), and a slew of other boost controllers, including HKS and Greddy. Nothing wrong with buying a used unit, and these have never let me down. I like having a standalone boost controller that doubles as a peak/hold and gauge as well, so i didn't really want to use the link boost control functionality, myself.

click

Last edited:

transparentdsm

ive always wanted to use like an aem truboost or something like that, but when i started to collect parts i found v3 in the ecu that was in the car. i was pulling the ecu to send it out for service and when i opened the cover there was a chip in it. so i had no need to get the aem one.

G0TB00ST

my buddies have tacotaco intercoolers on a couple turbo hondas. made 500+whp no problem. The other stuff... I have no damn clue how good they are.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned