The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

guess i will introduce myself...

turbohf

i have been lurking here for a bit. lots of searching. just been absorbing knowledge from here...

anyway, hi, my name is Dustin or if you like 'turbohf'. i bought this Galant VR4 from a friend about a month ago. didnt wanna make a post because i didnt have any decent pics, but these will do for now. ill take some better for a members showcase later?
this is my first Mitsubishi. i have had lots of Honda's, a VW or 2, maybe a Nissan. this sure isnt the rarest or fastest i have owned, but working on the second part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif if anyone cares i can post pics/info those?

my pics:
IMG_20120116_144253.jpg

IMG_20120116_144234.jpg

IMG_20120116_144200.jpg

IMG_20120116_130246.jpg

IMG_20120116_144329.jpg

IMG_20120116_144353.jpg

oh, i found a non-snow pic lol
IMG_20111219_140158.jpg

obviously a 1991, Belize Green, non-sunroof. has 106k miles. call it all stock when i got her. but i hit the ground running, its got a fair amount done to it now, and more coming.

MAINTENANCE: i know you guys love this. so it should be mentioned that all was done before i took delivery. all fluids, timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, etc. then i replaced the alternator (oh, it was fun) cuz it was making an odd noise. picked up a used OEM rebuilt unit at the junkyard. replaced the uber cracked 1g manifold with a EVOIII unit. with new EVOIII turbo gasket, new EVO8 manifold gasket, and new hardware.
oh forgot, it has an ACT2600/Fidanza combo also.

thats all for now i guess. just wanted to say hi.

citymunky

The body looks good. Does it still have 4WS? Also it looks like you need mod to be a ABS-Delete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif.

Jesus_Negros

Welcome, I'm pretty sure I recognize your screen name on cru /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbohf

Quoting citymunky:
The body looks good. Does it still have 4WS? Also it looks like you need mod to be a ABS-Delete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif.

thanks and negative. im not removing anything. the 4WS/ABS/etc will stay until it becomes an issue not worth fixing. other than maybe the cruise control, that doesnt seem to work. probably because i unplugged the clutch switch.
need to finish polishing/waxing the exterior. couple little scratches i still need to buff out. but the rain slowed me down, then the snow. and the CRX seems to have taken up hibernation in the garage, refuses to come out.

Quote:
Welcome, I'm pretty sure I recognize your screen name on cru

idk? i use this name on every forum i probably ever been a member of since 2002.

Barnes

Boo this man!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

turbohf

}:d

Jesus_Negros

Quoting turbohf:

idk? i use this name on every forum i probably ever been a member of since 2002.

Chat cru, silly

turbohf

oh, didnt catch that.

GVR47111K

Quoting turbohf:
Quoting citymunky:

thanks and negative. im not removing anything. the 4WS/ABS/etc will stay until it becomes an issue not worth fixing. other than maybe the cruise control, that doesnt seem to work. probably because i unplugged the clutch switch. need to finish polishing/waxing the exterior. couple little scratches i still need to buff out. but the rain slowed me down, then the snow. and the CRX seems to have taken up hibernation in the garage, refuses to come out.

Quote:
Welcome, I'm pretty sure I recognize your screen name on cru

I bought my car with the clutch switch unplugged and haven't bothered to plug it in but my cruise control works just fine.

turbohf

noticed i never put my most list up...

mods so far:
removed emissions
EVOIII manifold (with new EVO3 turbo gasket, new EVO8 manifold gasket)
FP Red turbo (ported)
Tial 38mm WG (open dump)
some baller ceramic coated o2 housing (forgot from where)
3" china downpipe
'turbohf' 3" exhaust
Magnaflow muffler (12219)
1g valve
'turbohf' 3" intake
PLX M300 wideband
ACT 2600 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
1g shift boot
'turbohf' shifter
Skunk2 10th Anniversary knob

sh*t i have, and need to install:
MAF Translator
3" GM MAF
K&N 3" filter
680cc injectors
Denso/Supra pump (rewired)
IndyRacecore/Spearco 2-216 intercooler
'turbohf' chargepipes (still got to make these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

i think thats it... sure stuff is missing lol. still wanna get some cams, and figure out what suspension i want to run. know someone that can get me a deal on some megan/ksport coilovers, but not really sure i want to go that route. also have a friend with some stock EVO suspension, kinda leaning towards that at the moment.

raptorWagon

Compared to your monster truck height, it will look something like this with the Evo suspension.

Whether or not you want to keep the raked stance is up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbohf

you cut your springs to even it out?

also im going to be running some 17x7.5" wheels, with some 225-45-17 tires most likely... im probably going to want to be a little lower.

raptorWagon

The rears aren't cut (retains the raked stance) and the front were cut a 1/2 or 1 coil. Yes those are the AMG type 1s.

I had 195/50/15 tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbohf

so i got a promotion of sorts at work, and i work mon-fri now. so i was able to sneak my car in the shop at work today lol. did the suspension. nice using a legit spring compressor and a lift.

im using 57mile '06 EVO IX GSR stock suspension. i cut about 1.5 coils off the front. nothing off the rear, yet.

it rides nice and stiff...kinda like an EVO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

pics:
IMG_20120218_123348.jpg

mid process, just the fronts
IMG_20120218_163853.jpg

IMG_20120218_163900.jpg

IMG_20120218_163909.jpg

pulled it out back to get a decent pic. by decent i mean with my cell phone, in the beautiful seattle weather.

i had one of the guys there help me align it real quick. he sets it up then goes "YES!... i dont have to align the rear!" lol.
got like -.5-.7 camber on the fronts i think. dont recall the rears. drives nice tho. needed aligned even at stock height really.

yes, i realize i could probably use a coil cut out the rear also. but i was running low on time, didnt feel like messing with it anymore...

thats all for today. i might work on some fuel/tuning/intercooler tomorrow... might. its probably going to rain, then ill bitch out... unless i can push the CRX far enough forward in the garage to sneak the bumper inside?... mmm...

turbohf

couple of pics of todays work. just a mockup, just trying to see what im working with. got her trimmed up, still have a couple more things to mod up, but should make things quicker once i start making pipes.

IMG_20120219_134714.jpg

IMG_20120219_155353.jpg

IMG_20120219_155347.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned