The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ignition help. Car wont turn over.

Mvance30

#1687 of 2000. I was told the part that goes into the back of the tumbler was shot. Got a new one, installed it and the car still wont turn over. the key works in all the positions until you go to turn it over. Nothing happens. no sound or anything. We had a wire attached to the starter to bypass it but I'd like to have it fixed correctly. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? right now the car can only be pushed started since the starter bypass wire ripped out last night.

I did search before posting. oddly enough i only got the occupy oakland threads as much of the search results.

dammitjim

+1 on the clutch switch.

Have you tried hot wiring it to confirm if the problem is before or after the steering column?

Last edited:

desant78

I had the same issue..and it was the clutch switch. Oddly enough my switch was good, just the clutch pedal was no longer hitting it. Try holding down the switch with your hand and starting the car...and PLEASE MAKE SURE CAR IS IN NUETRAL

bobdole

Thanks for this thread I found the problem why my car wouldn't start. Love the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

grocery_getter

Take the clutch start switch out of the equation. Disconnect the connector for the switch. Make sure the car is in NEUTRAL!!! before trying to start the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned