The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle Misfire *vid*

thecman02

On my search to find why my car is misfiring I came across a video that captures the sound of the misfire I'm getting at idle. I'm struggling to figure out what it is. Here is the video. Misfire Vid If you listen there's a tiny backfire.

Notes on the car.
185 compression on all cylinders.
Spark Plugs have 1000 miles.
Fuel Filter 1000 miles old.
FIC 1100cc injectors were cleaned within the last year and has been run with e85 too.
Engine was rebuilt 1000 miles ago.
Base timing at 5 degrees.
Idle Set 800.
Fuel Pressure is around 28ish psi with vacuum source connected.
No Boost Leaks.
The car pulls cleanly on boost most of the time.
It misfires at operating temperature and cold.
It misfires whether using e85 or 93 tuned appropriately.
Fuel Trim is lo hovers around 100% +- 10%. Mid is at 100% Hi is at 106%

Has anyone had a misfire like the one in the video?

Things I'm going to check in the next day or so is disabling individual cylinders with my logger to see if I can isolate the cylinder/cylinders giving me the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned