The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I <3 My 6g Galant

GVR4ZUM

^potentialy decapitate the occupants^
Yikes!
Nice car kabayan, silver ftw. What rims are those?

RedTwo

Quoting Justin_Cosgrove:
Nice car man! is it an e33a? What mods have been done?

Having washers under the hood is popular here too, suposed to keep temps down when in traffic. One concern for me is that in a frontal collision if the bolts were to break, then the bonnet could potentialy decapitate the ocupants

Almost as cool as having 3 gauge pods on the bonnet. Which is almost as cool as having 3 empty gauge pods on the bonnet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

CutlassJim

Quoting 91VR41400:
I always thought the hood being lifed like that was a JDM thing? Car looks good thou /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first time I ever saw a hood like that was on a Mark III Supra with a 2JZ swap. Needed it for clearance. Now I think it's just a fad.

caf620

hi kama1(bri) and pmp285, dito rin pala kayo hehehe. noob lang ako dito

- its for better heat dissipation and air circulation. Its always traffic here in our place and this helps a little. Just used a couple of washers to have it lifted. I already have the RS hood(wjth the vents) so need for the lifted hood. Will bring it back to stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

caf620

Quoting omertaitalia:
nice galant, just curious whats the availability of jdm galant parts in the philipines,my girlfriend has family there and i want some bumpers

a fellow member has a lot of galant parts here in the Philippines, you can PM kama1. But i think the shipping would be high.

caf620

Quoting Leon_R:
I suppose it could work at slow speeds or standing in traffic. But so would the taking off the hood all together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

i drive my car an average of 60-80 kph in our place, so this helps the engine a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

caf620

Quoting GVR4ZUM:
^potentialy decapitate the occupants^
Yikes!
Nice car kabayan, silver ftw. What rims are those?

hi kabayan! rays turismo espada /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

caf620

my car needs a new paint job and hood pins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

misterfixit

Kammusta pare,

Out of curiosity, Why do people here keep that number plate support? On the cars I've had in europe it's one of the first things I ditch. If someone kisses the bumper in a parking lot it makes a real mess of the bumper, cookie cutter stylee.
I must have ditched a boxfull over the last 6 years, all mangled to varying degrees.

Any how welcome to the community, and your car looks great!

Rich

caf620

Coilcovers here i come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1zgyj9y.jpg

cheekychimp

Hey,

I just saw this! I'm really glad you took my advice and are getting involved and sharing your car with the community. I saw your post count has increased dramatically as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep this up and we'll soon be able to get this beast into the Member's Rides section!

Paul

prove_it

Quoting GSX_TC:
Now that i think of it I think it's to release the trapped heat from the engine bay. Alot of Honda's do that here

That doesn't happen. The base of the windshield is one of the highest pressure areas on a vehicle. That's why the HVAC systems pull air from here. Air actually gets pushed into the engine bay.

Drifters do it to force air out the wheel wells so the smoke will vent around the car and not obscure the view.

On the street, it's a ricer mod.

I love that car though. Super nice looking. What kind of rear spoiler is that? I'd like more pics of it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned