The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I just wanted to know if anyone here is over 200K

strokin4dr

Mine has just a bit over 96,000 on the clock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
There are a few others on here that have

donkeylips

The '90 GGSX that's being held for me has 306k on its original engine and the body is clean and straight. I'm gonna put in a decent used tranny, t-case, rear, and one of my spare 6-bolts. Everything will be swapped from my vr4 parts car, which has 171k. Just gotta replace all the suspension bushings and whatnot and she'll be good as new!

Street Surgeon

My car's at 23X,XXX and still on the stock motor. I'm replacing it with the built one that's been sittin' in my garage for a little bit pretty soon though.

vtecds1

Quoting mooserage:
Quoting strokin4dr:
Mine has just a bit over 96,000 on the clock.
There are a few others on here that have

Tre3zy

got 258k on 637 and still running strong..... although in really long idle you can see blue smoke come out when you rev it since the valve seals are now showing some weakness.... but other than that she's still running strong and i daily drive her....

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting VR4ish:

SO, what's your story? just how many people on the board have driven their baby's over that 200,000 miles mark. I don't care if you've changed the motor out, Im looking for chassis mileage. I'd actually like to know if anyone has ever reached the 300K mark.
Also how did you come about finding/purchasing you rides.?

Ill go first.

Im running a converted 90 GSX...We found this poor car left on the side of the road (around 70K miles ago)with the title singed in the glove box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. PO drove it to death, lost their timing belt and seized the motor up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif they left it on the side of I-75 like a rape victim. well the car has had around 4 motor swaps in it since then, lightened her up by removing all the sound material throughout the car and everything related to AC under the dash, no power steering, balance shafts, installed some five lug wheels, and found a set of SRT4 seats that compliment the interior very well. now I know this Isn't as COOL as a VR4. but I think it's just as rare, most of these cars have made it to the scrap yard by now. How the car currently sits: beaten daily, 211K miles, 30k on motor, 14b pushing 19psi all day for the last 30k miles. this is essentially the second car since project goodwill that we've kept from certain death.

Also a 1990 GSX converted to 4g63t, and you're right they're not as cool as a vr4.... they're cooler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting Muskrat:
Quoting VR4ish:
Quoting Muskrat:
Mine has over of 200k Jack Stand Miles. Does that count?

my buddy wolf Might have you beat. we started measuring his car in jack stand years after a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

That depends. I've owned the damn thing for about 6 years now, and only driven it for 4 months!

you two must be brothers from other mothers. same story as my buddies ride, hell, Wolfs car has more air time than micheal jordan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

2of9

just got 222,222! high 70,000 on the engine and still running extremely strong.

fuel

k2.jpg

k6.jpg

Granted that's in kilometers rather than miles. Works out to be about 250,000 miles. It was still on the original untouched engine. Although it wasn't a VR-4, just a GLX with the basic carb 1.8 4G37 engine. The car is still kicking around, is almost at 450,000kms now.

good numbers coming in guys, SEE, I can't understand when people bash the DSM scene, saying they're unreliable. most cars are the same, you have to keep/make them reliable.

rgeier11

I have about 207k on mine now. The new engine has about 13k on it.

IncorpoRatedX

DSM owners are a whole different breed form Galant owners...

Street Surgeon

Quoting Alpha Male:
DSM owners are a whole different breed form Galant owners...

Hah, I was at a GVR4 meet some years back and judging by what I saw there you're completely wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I meant collectively...

usually when you see a poorly dressed-up DSM like a 1g or 2g and it isn't mechanically sound, it's typically going to be some kind of RS or SOHC model with a huge fart can and a shopping cart handle for a wing.lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned