The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I going to get sucked back into the Galant VR-4 world

MellowVR4

Loving the bag for the wash solvent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Good looking ride

citymunky

My wife just noticed I got a new VR4. LOL.

G

Staff member
Nice!

Hittman

Wait..., what number is she?

JK!

Welcome to the world of RHD, it's pretty fun and I plan to always have at least one in my stable, (current one is in the process of getting washed and clayed before I post any pics)

Also, any interior pictures? Would love to see more of the instrument cluster and the IR button.

citymunky

Quoting Hittman:
Wait..., what number is she?

JK!

Welcome to the world of RHD, it's pretty fun and I plan to always have at least one in my stable, (current one is in the process of getting washed and clayed before I post any pics)

Also, any interior pictures? Would love to see more of the instrument cluster and the IR button.

I know you sold the R32, so I wonder what you got now. I'll take interior pics soon. The one thing I don't like is there is not color change button like the USDM models speedometer. Which sucks because I hate green lights and this is officially the 1st car out of the many that I owned with a green display.

Also I can't seen to find the IR button, so it may be something that came with later year models....Fuel any thoughts?

citymunky

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Cool. Now you're all set to start delivering mail and packages for USPS!

Sweet, that means I also get to transfer my TSP plan over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

However I did agree when you posted on FB, I would rather have LHD, but due to the incredible cleaness/rust free everything and low mileage, I can overlook the fact that it is RHD.

kumfasa

This is a pick of my door handle with the IR sensor hole.
My sensor has been knocked back into the hole, it still works but you need the key to be within a couple of feet.

citymunky

I don't have that.

citymunky

Rolling shot from VA Beach Cars and Coffee.

citymunky

Doing the timing belt today since I have no idea when it was last changed. Currently at 110,521 Kilometers (around 68K miles).

BpuVR4

Quoting citymunky:
My wife just noticed I got a new VR4. LOL.

just got a new wife, and hoping to sneak a VR4 back in the family...show me your tricks!

citymunky

Just got approved to show my car in indoor spot at a Springfest this year (yes there was a screening possess for indoor spots). This is one of the biggest Import car shows on the east coast and I want to make sure I represent for the VR-4 properly. I will be updated this thread as I fix issues and MOD the car to get ready for the show.

Issues I need to address:
1) Missing upper windshield trim. It when MIA after a quick highway pull.

2) Minor curb rash on 2 of my rims.Nothing the local rim shop can't handle.

3)Need new front pillow mounts. One of the JIC mounts has seen better days. (RRE might be my best bet since Tein are NLA, and Cusco are special order). The car needs alignment as well. However a local EVO guy just posted a set of evo 8/9 KW V3s for sale.....very tempting.

4) Dents on the hood. Waiting on Juan and those CF hoods. If not PDR might work with the worst case being sent to the body shop for a respray.

5)4WS light is on, need to figure out why and fix it.

For mods, I have a 20g but no support MODs, hope fully I can have it installed and tuned by then.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Looks nice man! What are the wheels specs? offset etc... 4ws light, have you checked the power steering fluid level? Sometimes the sensor on the cap gets stuck.

citymunky

Yes, the fluid level was the first thing I checked.

The rims are 17x7 with a +37 offset. To make matters worst, I'm have what SSR calls the "SL Disc" which gives me the least amount of clearance for bigger brakes.

4Grim

Congratulations on the car show spot!!!

citymunky

The car has been JSB for about a week, waiting for my rims to repaired along with the new set of tires to be mounted. Might as well take advantage of the down.

Removed my old JIC top hats and installed the Tein top hats. As they said out with the old, in with the new.

I installed my custom 27mm Sway bar that I had laying around from 923/2000. It was major PIA since I still have 4WS.

Last edited:

citymunky

I installed my CM exhaust last night see how much it sticks out past the rear bumper. It's not that bad, so I'm going to see if it can be shorten and just keep it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned