The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how long before i can post to sell parts?

I think I'd been a member for about 5 months..how long do I have to wait until I can post FOR SALE items to
Sell my parts?

Thankd marc

Brunoboy

I think its a certain number of post

I haven't posted anything..it won't let me sell anything um by post you mean comment on other peoples post?

DR1665

Quoting jepherz:
Total, useful posts, which add value to the community by helping others.

Fixed.

galant344

I think w/ that attitude you shouldn't ever be able to post in the for sale section. Especially If thats all your hear for...... just my $.02

Brunoboy

dude chill out, Ive done business with him before, he is very legit, ive talked over the phone with him as well. Dont blame people for being a lurker, now run along.

Muskrat

^ Even if he is legit, 1: We don't know that. 2: We don't want people coming here just to hawk their wares, no matter how legit they are.

cheekychimp

Okay, so here's the deal!

If you don't post, you won't lose your newbie status. The admins keep their cards pretty close to their chest as to the exact number of posts and length of time on the board necessary before a newbie graduates to junior member. You may find that a little harsh but really the system is just designed to encourage you to participate in the community. I am pretty sure that if you had made just a couple of posts a week over the last five months, you'd already be a junior member and selling parts.

If you are a keen gear head and a responsible and trustworthy person, I can understand that you might be upset when people suggest that they don't want you around, if you are only here to sell parts. However, the fact is that you have been here for five months, you only have 21 posts and only 30% of those are outside the marketplace section (yes, I checked click) so you have to understand that people 'might' misinterpret your motives for being here.

If you are in this for the long haul, hang in there brother and you'll soon reach your goal. Take a look in the newbie section and see if you can help out any fellow enthusiasts diagnose some problems with their cars. A few more posts will see you right but try to refrain from posts like, "Bump for a good seller!", "Yo Dude! Your ride rocks" or "Anyone got the hook up for JDM parts?" etc.

Last edited:

galant344

my post wasn't meant to be harsh by any means, just an opinion. seems like a lot of people only sign on to forums to sell and like cheekychimp said not participate in the actual forum. just about all the forums i'm on you are not able to post in the for sale section until a certain criteria is met. Now I understand that I am not one to talk as I do not participate as much as i can, but i'm not worried about selling stuff either. Thats just not why I joined this forum in the first place.

Brunoboy

Quoting Muskrat:
^ Even if he is legit, 1: We don't know that. 2: We don't want people coming here just to hawk their wares, no matter how legit they are.

Not everyone here post, theres definately a lot of lurkers reading information using search, if search answers your question then there is no reason to post, im not sure if you all think im legit but ive done business with him and ive been here a good while and im just posting my opinion then, to me hes a very legit person/member/ buyer, long story short i vouch for this member

toybreaker

iconoclast
Good lookin out, Shane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

howeverwithengrishlikethatimnotsureyou'redoinghimmuchofafavor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brunoboy

lol, I am sick in bed, and typing on an Iphone.

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ Much better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is good you're lookin out for a fellow member.

This is a fairly small community, and there are a lot of folks that do just search the board and don't post much, so I do understand how lot's of folks have a low post count.

... doesnt mean they don;t know their stuff, or aren't great people ...

Thing is, without posting or doing business with folks how are we going to know that?

So, best thing is to help out when it's something you know about it.

Folks will get to know you as a helpfull person and they will want to do business with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Understood. I will always vouch for a member that has done good business with me, or has helped me in some way or another.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned