The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how dumb of an idea is this?

bcjjones

I just traded my 92 talon fwd for a 1991 galant vr4. I love it so far. The car came with two large tubs full of extra parts, which included a spare stock intercooler. How dumb of an idea is it to rig up a dual stock intercooler set up? Also has anyone ever tried it?

Just curious.

Also curious if all Galant vr4's are AWS, and if any of them came with an eprom ecu? I haven't had a chance to check mine, but do understand that one out of a 1g dsm will work.

Thanks to any help!a

460GVR4

The stock intercoolers are HIGHLY inefficient. I would recommend selling unwanted parts and saving for an aftermarket fmic.

LIV4PSI

All VR4s came with AWS. Most all of them came with EPROM, but there is a decent chance it's not the original ECU if the caps weren't replaced.

raptorWagon

Whether or not the car still has 4WS is a different story lol. A lot of owners delete it for various reasons. Only works at 30mph+ and rear wheels only adjust toe 1.5 degrees.

Stock intercoolers would make better paper weights or Decorations than functional parts lol. The JDM cars had bigger intercoolers than our cars lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned