• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do I "open" the plug?

EgonOlsen

Im trying to swap some pins in this plug, but I for my life cant figure out how to "open" it.

Anyone that can lent a hand?

jepherz

Staff member
You need to remove the end caps that are held onto the plug via the looped pieces of plastic that look like strings in pic 1. This is done by separating the teeth shown in pic 2. I am referring to the piece labeled "JAE" in that pic, and the opposing side. After those are out, there is going to be plastic clip holding each individual pin in that you will have to pry up using a needle.

Careful, it's pretty easy to fudge these connectors up so they never hold the wire in a good position to ever get good contact again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts