The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello From Chicago!

DDM

Hello guys. My name is Danny. Im a LONG time DSM'er but new to GVR4s. I picked one up in St Louis about a month ago from a kid who really let it go. How i made it back 300 miles is nothing short of a miracle. Im trying to get it running so i can enjoy it. I fell in love with the car driving it back home even in the condition it's in. I was actually looking for another 2g when i ran into this car and figured another set of doors wouldn't hurt lol. Im currently putting an evo3 16g in it. Its got dsm link v3, 850 injectors with all the supporting mods. My goal is to make it into a weekend warrior/toy. I really love this website from what i have seen so far. I saw someone is remaking the key fobs and will deffanetly order one!

vtecds1

Welcome to the site!!! There is a lot of VR4 owners in your surrounding area, so good help is not hard to find. Also, your screen name looks familiar...are you registered in the local Chi-Town board?

DDM

Yes sir. I have been on chitowndsm for a while now. Im also on tuners. I had a few 1gs and 2gs but now that i started reasearching parts and common problems for the GVR4 this site popped up everywhere so i thought i would join in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dasith

must say, that's a great signature you got /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

DDM

Thanks guys! Love that there are people locally. I see this green vr4 here locally and actually talked to the guy and complimented him on the car right before i bought mine. Here are some pics of my pride and joy lol. Nothing pretty to look at right now but that will change! The previous owner really chopped it up so im trying to go in the right direction!

2011-12-26104139.jpg

2011-12-26104127.jpg

2011-12-26104109.jpg

2011-12-26104303.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics. Its a pain to move the car now since it doesnt run.

I also picked up some parts. AEM wideband and got my evo 3 16g rebuilt, gaskets, new battery ect. Too cold to start messing with it right now but gathering parts together for when i do!

gvr4stuff.jpg

Last edited:

from the pics (doesnt show much) but it doesnt look toooo hacked... i had to laugh at the paint on the hood though, this may be the first time ive actually seen where a bra protects the paint!

DDM

Lol. You laugh and i cry. Its hacked up. If you look close to the front bumper you will notice that the whole bottom part is cut out and replaced with some home depot plastic and zip ties. Also the 4 holes drilled were holding the licence plate were for zip ties also and to cover uo that missing piece in the bumper. There is a reason why i didnt take any pictures under the hood lol. Im not trying to dog the previous owner because he is on this forum but ill say that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

IncorpoRatedX

i feel like i remember seeing pictures of that car getting hacked up on here... Hope you do a lot better than the previous owner. It's always nice to get these cars out of the hands of morons.

johnnyRacer

Quoting boostin4door:
Welcome To the site DDM!! Glad another Chicago area VR4 guy is on here.

Welcome, welcome Chicagoland member! We're gaining in numbers on this site... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

mikus

'lo from Aurora, cya around perhaps. My green pile looks a lot like that one except MY failed clear goes all the way down, much classier.
MAACO group buy coming up

DDM

No macco! lol I searched this site and found this!

click

That explains the evo 8 turbo i got with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Lancer99

Welcome to the board! My wife is from Palatine and Im from Mt. prospect and we still head over there to visit so might see you around town.

Lightning1

Nice to see a fellow Chicago gvr4. We need to set up a track day when the weather gets nicer out, seems to be a lot of us out here.

Also, if you are looking for any gvr4 parts, I have a lot ther I am trying to get rid of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

See ya around,

Jeff

DDM

Hell yeah! I would love to set up something at byron! If anyone locally would like to have a tech day and beer or something let me know. I got a shitty garage and a big backyard! I would love to see some vr4s and meet some owners!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned